Search results

1. G

Oval Chainring

Fitted an oval chainring to XT crank and had horrible clunk, clunk on the flat increasing speed then freewheel, clunk as I started pedalling again. It was like riding with teeth missing off one of the sprockets on the cassette. I tried upshifting, but same clunk once i got up to speed. Anyone...
  2. G

Laparre FS NZ

spotted this in Queenstown, engineering masterpiece
  3. G

Hope Pro 4 Hubs

Anyone know if the Hope Pro 4 rear hubs have a seal above the free hub outer bearing? just fitting the cassette and noticed I can see the outer bearing. Most of my other hubs have a cap or seal that sits above the outer bearing.
  4. G

29" Carbon Wheels

new wheels arrived today, just under 3 wks from China, happy with that!!
  5. G

DTSwiss 240 hubs

Took the wheel into 4th bike shop in two weeks to take the ring nut off the drive side and put it back on the right way after 3rd bike shop put it on wrong. Guy looks at it and says" I'll have to look up this hub to see what's going on". I told him that bike shop 3 put it on up side down and if...
  6. G

Wheel bearings PTRX 1 rims

Anyone know how to get the drive side bearing out of a DT swiss 240 rear hub? Special tool to remove splined keeper above bearing or some other way? Visited two LBS and neither could do it....
  7. G

Freighting bikes East to West

Looking at freighting two bikes back from Brisbane to Geraldton. I've looked at a few freight companies and the prices range from $270> $480 per bike. I went through the Greyhound bus web site and it looked promising until I realised they come into WA through the top not the bottom and don't...
  8. G

Sweaty grips

Owning a bike in Vanuatu comes with its challenges especially when it's humid as as sauna and you get caught in the regular arvo wet season downpour. The grips aren't cutting it and I'm up for suggestions on a grip that can handle sweat/wet hands:rain::rain::rain:
  9. G

Fat Bikes Avanti Tracker

New wheels for the beach in Vanuatu
  10. G

G'day from Gero

Just a quick hello from the windiest place in WA more suited to kiting than MTB this time of the year. I'm travelling at the moment through SA, Tas and NZ and hope to get in some rides in each place. I've ridden Fox Creek in SA last week and now in Hobart. Hiring bikes as I go as its a bit of a...