Search results

1. E

Training and Timing

Cheers for all the suggestions. I will look into some kind of bar mounted stopwatch, or modify something. Yes I know that fitness and strength will always improve times, I am training in that area. I cannot speak highly enough of improving one's core strength. This avenue is about...
  2. E

Training and Timing

Hi Everyone. I have been enjoying a few DH events lately and I am looking to improve my results. I would like to start timing runs in order to hone technique, lines, etc. I have been looking at timing systems, but all I have found are event timing systems. I need something far less...
  3. E

Trail Building in Brisbane

Hi to all you avid trail builders out there, much respect. I want to get involved in trail building/maintenance in and around Brisbane. I like all kinds of trails, but favorites are downhill and tough all mountain stuff. I like anything that challenges me, a good mix of speed and tech. Fast...
  4. E

Private Property Slopestyle/shortcourse downhill/freeride track - Brisbane Southside [NEW PICS - 23/5]

Crazy track guys, We have something a little tamer going on ourselves. Just wondering, how do you gauge getting enough speed for the gaps?. Is it hit it and hope for the best?. Love those berms too. Does the track need regular upkeep? ours needs a little touchup every session.
  5. E

42T Cog for 1x10

I will look up the wolftooth for sure. Not too concerned about shift quality as I will only be using it for the long uphill grinds, as long as it doesn't affect shifting around the middle.
  6. E

42T Cog for 1x10

Have doing some initial research on this. It does sound pretty straightforward, almost too easy. I would like to put a 42tooth on my SRAM PG1050 11-36, currently running XO type2 and Raceface 32 narrow wide. There is the longer screw for derailleur adjustment, is that all I need? Sounds to...
  7. E

2014 Mountain bike world cup season

Hell Yes, Sik Mik needs a win, and the first round is in South Africa where he got second in the worlds. His results definately picked up after that podium that was oh so close. Also Bruni had an amazing year and Sam Hill should be pretty much injury free. Anyones games for the title
  8. E

All Mountain Tyres

My tyres for my Enduro Evo(coil springs) are Specialized Clutch 2.5 up front and Maxxis High Roller II 2.4 at the rear. The aggressive patterns works well up here as the tracks blow out quickly come race day. Not sure if I am losing out much with rolling speed though. I have just converted to...