Search results

1. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Must have sacrificed enough goats, preyed to the rights goods and sang the right tunes whilst holding my tongue in the correct position as I think I have got myself a pretty good bleed
  2. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Bleed done, feels good, test tomorrow :D
  3. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Received caliper today, so took about 12 days. Now let's hope I can get a good bleed.:oops:
  4. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

So I will hopefully have my caliper soon, so screw adjustment screw all the way in? Any other tips for the initial bleed? Thanks
  5. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Good to know if this shit goes down again
  6. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Yep too late, it is on its way. Is there much/any difference between a Saint and an XT caliper?
  7. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Didn't ask Shimano Australia what its worth as they would probably say ask your LBS. Caliper from the states delivered was about 250 AUD.
  8. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Apparently Shimano Australia are getting in Saint stock today if anyone is in the need.
  9. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Ordered on Universal cycles website thanks for the tip. I thought Shimano Geo-Blocked all their stock now, anyway the order went through. :)What sort of turn around should I have coming from Universal cycles?
  10. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

So I couldn't get it back in so I let it come all the way out and the back of the piston is shattered with little shards sitting in the port. :oops: Throw away or they can be rebuilt?
  11. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

What is the best method to compress them in? That one that is "leaking" seems quite difficult to move.
  12. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

I doubled checked I wasn't just careless, wouldn't be the first time:D Please take a look at the vid when I squeeze the lever, looks like it is leaking to me? - Are you looking to sell one, I just called LBS none in stock at Shimano apparently?
  13. hrzook

Trading Access Request

I counted 5 in the forum, hmm weird.
  14. hrzook

Trading Access Request

I have read the rules, will use the template, put SOLD in the thread title when the items sells, I have five posts and swear to play nice. Thanks HR
  15. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

So just performed a bleed and can see it get wet ever so slightly around one of the pistons. I guess I will be after a caliper, do Shimano sell them as a caliper only option?
  16. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Yeah thanks guys, I did fail to mention the oil when bled looks a little dirty. I will give another bleed on bike as it has internally routed cable. I also have a Saint on the front and it has been flawless.
  17. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Can't see any oil leaks, pads are down to 60% worn at a guess.
  18. hrzook

Shimano Saints brakes

Hi Guys Looking for some advice. The rear caliper on my MTB needs bleeding regularly (like monthly). I have been extremely meticulous whilst bleeding it myself but also have bitten the bullet and had 2 different LBS bleed the caliper. The symptoms of the issue is like any brakes with air in...