Search results

1. S

2015 Specialized Demo Carbon

This guy knows what's up. My guess is that the asymmetrical seat-stay structure actually requires more material in aggregate than a comparable symmetrical structure, to achieve the same performance characteristics. Ergo, it's heavier (but offset by weight reductions in other parts of the...
  2. S

Troys frame is in the green livery... The same green paint seen in the leaked photos around the ohlins shock. Will be great to see this bike getting a good thrashing at MSA!
  3. S

2014 SWorks Demo S M L Reach 410mm 430mm 447mm Wheelbase 1171mm 1191mm 1208mm 2015 SWorks Demo M L XL Reach 419mm 439mm 456mm Wheelbase 1207mm 1228mm 1235mm The 2015 is a lot longer than the 2014 models... and no more small size. A mistake IMO: plenty of...
  4. S

2015 Specialized Demo's (Aluminium)

Official availability is Jan 2015. I was one month off :tsk:
  5. S

Pity about that chainstay length... I like the short back end of the current incarnation.
  6. S

I've heard that the new carbon s-works might be seen at Mont-Sainte-Anne, but will not be generally available until Feb 2015.
  7. S

A higher res image has surfaced, the writing is much clearer.
  8. S

C rotates around E (constant radius) B rotates around D (constant radius) A follows a virtual path that is a function of these two radii and the incident angles. As C moves closer to the line segment E-A, the distance E-A must increase (trig). The CS length has still grown measured directly...
  9. S

The pivot well below the chainstay horizontal causes quite a lot of chainstay growth under compression. The chainstay growth on the Rotec is minimal. This should roll pretty fast over hits. (the units shown are arbitrary - not mm)
  10. S

I checked here first expecting that you had already posted it! I cleaned the text up a bit more... not much doubt that it's a demo :)
  11. S

Side-by-side comparison of the logos...
  12. S

Yeah, definitely 'fact' and almost certainly 'demo'. It sure doesn't stay 'status' anyhow, which was the other speculation! I also noticed that there is green paint around some of the linkages, and around the Ohlins shock in all three photos. Not sure what this is.
  13. S

Much clearer photo... definitely a very advanced proto / production frame :)
  14. S

Definitely different frames. Welds are obviously visible in the photos leaked late last year, but they are absent in these new photos. Compare the chain stays - welded bridge is now gone, new chain stay looks to be a single molded piece with integrated bridge and smooth radii everywhere...
  15. S

These are all alloy frames. The carbon version (if/when that materializes) will likely have nicer paint.
  16. S

Custom oil volume/weight in 2006 Marzocchi 888 RC2X?

Not exactly an expert, but I can't really see the need to change oil weights unless you've run out of adjustment range on your damping settings and it's still feeling too fast or slow. Which I've never really heard anyone complain about with any half decent modern fork.
  17. S

Hmmmmm...
  18. S

Cairns or Canberra 2015??

The track definitely has some issues, but from what I've heard the idea that they have free reign to build there is not exactly right. It's a conservation area of international significance, you can't even ride there without permits etc let alone start slashing new tracks all over the place. Add...
  19. S

June 2012 - 2013 Demo (Carbon) Announced July 2013 - 2014 Demo (Ohlins) Announced June/July 2014 - ???
  20. S

That's not correct if the pinkbike article is accurate: "Yes, the chassis does still use 35mm stanchion tubes and very similar looking lowers, albeit now manufactured using new methods that improve tolerances" "...he's talking about the same manufacturing process used for the Pike's lowers...