Search results

1. J

wagga wagga for a few days - should I take my bike?

Most definitely bring your bike Pommie 6 hour trail is the main track about 12.6 Kim's, Rambo track is very popular also it's is about 7klm's long there is usually a social ride leaves the main trail head next to the golf course at 7am on Sunday's if you want someone to show you around let me...
  2. J

New XT.

My LBS supplied and installed the following XT gear on my Trance XO 29er 11-42, Mid cage RD, 11 sp chain, Hope 32t chain ring and 11sp XT bar mount shifter. I previously had XT 1x10 with a 32t widget. The new XT 11sp system works fantastic so far I haven't dropped a Chain, the gear changing is...
  3. J

Overlapped spokes rubbing through?

I have a Giant Defy Advance 3 rotor side the spokes alternate the cross on the none rotor side the spokes stay the same. I do get the occasional pinking under heavy breaking
  4. J

Opinion: 1 expensive bike or 2 cheap bikes - which is better?

I have three a Giant Defy advanced 3 for the road, Giant Trance 29 X0 1x10 soon to be XT 1x11 and the old original Giant 26 Talon on standby
  5. J

What tyres should I buy?

Maxxis Ardent front and Ardent race rear
  6. J

Shoes, trouble with pins and needles

Had the same issue with pins and needles in my feet, Specialized shop in Clarence st Sydney sold me inner soles with a metatarsal bump problems solved instantly
  7. J

What to eat at Husky 100

I didn't like the gels either until I found the endura gels with are a lot easier on the stomach I have found plus the endura drink mixes are very good they contain carbs
  8. J

Canberra - Which bike?

Dually is the go for Stromlo, the ride up to the top is not that hard really and if you do loops 4/6 you will appreciate the extra comfort.
  9. J

Mont 24 advice

Well said totally agree
  10. J

Mont 24 advice

If there is no re run and I don't expect there I will not be expecting a full refund. I read the T&C document and signed with full knowledge that this was a possibility. If they insure against the weather the entry fee will be higher, the event organisers will have to pay for hire fees for...
  11. J

Glasses sweat

I use the halo headband that ties up works great
  12. J

Superglue in 1st aid kit?

Burns sheets are very good for small and large cuts. Just peel both sides off and stick over the cut they stick like shit to a blanket
  13. J

Pain in right bum cheek

Had similar issues from over doing it. I was really tight in the glute medium causing discomfort and lower back pain. I got a foam roller and a tennis ball and followed some exercises off the net specific to bike riding, problem solved
  14. J

The Mont 2013.

Outstanding event the track layout for this style of event was perfect, 3000 riders was good max I would say. if you want it more technical/serious do the Scott 24 hr. I had 2 riders in my team that had never done a 24hr before and they are both hooked. Big congrats to organisers, track builders...
  15. J

Torn Meniscus - Physio etc

I put up with a torn meniscus for about 5 years, got to the point where it was locking up on me. Had an arthroscope to clean it out, best thing I ever did. That was about 6 years ago now have not had a problem since, don't wait just get it done and make sure you do the rehab after to get all the...
  16. J

DISAPPOINTED TRANCE X0 2 weeks old RANT

I have had my Trance X0 for three weeks done about 200 Klm,s on some fairly tough MTB tracks no problems at all, sometimes when a company make so many products there is always a chance of a problem now and then. I have heard good reports on Giant warranties.
  17. J

Lower back

Find a good Pilates class and strengthen your core the best thing I ever did