Search results

1. B

TMBC CHRISTMAS PARTY and SPECIALIZED DEMO DAY

If you haven't made a TMBC event this year, then this is the one NOT to miss. There's something for everyone here! Make sure you keep Sunday 9th Dec free for the most jam packed day on the club calender. It's all happening at Jubilee Park - entry off Amos Rd via Withcott. Starting at 8am and...
  2. B

Who's interested in rider training??

I'd like to get an idea of the level of interest in a rider training day organized through TMBC. It could focus on beginner and intermediate level riders, using an accredited coach, at Jubilee Park. For those wanting more down hill oriented skills there is training available at Gap Creek in...
  3. B

Derailuer compatability - 9 / 10 speed?

I'm changing to a 2 x 10 speed set up. I've bought a 10 speed cluster, shifter and chain, but can I get away with using my 9 speed sram XO derailuer?
  4. B

'Murphys Creek Escape' trail ride - Saturday 14th July

As discussed at the recent XC sub-committee meeting, there will be a ride on Sat. 14th. It will be a 2 hour 'there and back' ride to Red Cliffs in the national park. Then we can have a look at the area available for trail building, and the possibility of a new down hill track. We could finish...
  5. B

Bottom bracket thread repair

My Cannondale Prophet has a stripped bottom bracket thread. Gripsport can fix it, but does anyone know if any engineering shop in Toowoomba can fix this?
  6. B

INTRODUCING the new TMBC LEADERSHIP TEAM

I think Jeil initiated this last year after the agm. As a way for the many newer members of the club to get to know the comittee, I suggest we introduce ourselves. Starting with position in the club, name, age, marital status, kids if any, mtb discipiles enjoyed, years riding, employment...
  7. B

CANNONDALE PROPHET frame only

The bottom bracket thread is stripped in my Cannondale Prophet, so I'm chasing a medium or large size frame. Paint condition not important. Pm me or phone 0419784789.
  8. B

Social ride 6am this Sunday.

Thought I might do Rain Rut, Turkey, then maybe Redwood. If interested meet at 6am at Webb Pk.
  9. B

Club Christmas Party

I know we are having a bit of a bash tonight at the Cow, but I would like to propose that we have an event at the end of January, in lieu of the December party we're not having. January is a quiet time as far as mtb events go, so there should be no date clashes. I reckon we could try a...
  10. B

Anyone had trouble with Joplin seat post?

The other weekend I was doing small landings on the local D/h track, and the seat on my Crank Brothers Joplin 4 came off. I put it back on and tightened it up, only for the same thing to happen. The claws that clamp onto the seat rail allow the seat rail to pop out, and then it falls off. Has...
  11. B

Movember - Toowoomba Tweed Run

Here's a chance to support the good cause of Movember, and do it on the mtb. It's on Saturday 26th November from 3pm till 5pm. The idea is to dress in traditional British cycling attire, such as tweed suits, plus fours, vest, bow tie, etc. Raid the op shops, or Grandad's wardrobe...
  12. B

Sunday 6th 6am - Bridge St

If there's anyone else who couldn't make the ride this morning, come and join me for the same tomorrow.
  13. B

TMBC at the CRITERIUM TRACK OFFICIAL OPENING DAY

A meeting was held last Sunday, to brief all the participants in the Crit track official opening at the showgrounds. When: Sunday 27th Nov. 11 am - 2.30 pm The club has been allocated a space for our ezi-up. We just need to put on a good display. The following are some suggestions: A...
  14. B

CLUB OPEN DAY - Jubilee Pk 23rd Oct

TIMETABLE - Sunday 23rd October - Jubilee Park Open Day 10.00 a.m. - Sign in / Social day licences / Hand out raffle tickets Person at sign-in desk to ascertain riders' experience. 10.30 a.m. - Brief talk - history of the trails / future trail building plans 10.45...
  15. B

Open Day planning meeting - Spotted Cow this Thursday

We're having a big day at Jubilee Pk on Sunday 23rd Oct. Meet at 7pm at The Spotted Cow to iron out the details. If you can't make the meeting, feel free to make suggestions by replying to this post.
  16. B

Bike and Lifestyle Show

Going to Brisbane this weekend? This may be worth a look. http://www.bikeshow.org.au/
  17. B

Adare - Sunshine Series 4 Hr Enduro

Entries close at midday today Friday. Anyone planning to go?
  18. B

Night ride -tonight (Fri)

Going for a last Pre Epic hit out tonight. Meet at Bridge St quarry at 6pm. Do either Redwood or Rollercat. Any takers?
  19. B

CLUB OPEN DAY - Wrap up

I think everyone who was there, would agree that last Sunday's Open Day was a definite success. By my rough count there was 15 - 20 new faces. It was good to see a number of parents bringing the young guys out for a ride too. Matt from Bikeline had a couple of demo bikes available, and...
  20. B

Showgrounds - this Saturday 30th

This will be the last build day at the showgrounds for a while, but if a couple of people (who aren't committed to Frenzy maintenance), could make it out on saturday morning that would be appreciated. Just need to groom the new track section to make it rideable. Start at 9am and finish by 12.00