Search results

1. M

2010 XTC advanced (full carbon) vs 2006 Anthem

Gave the XTC a miss I missed out on the eBay ad for the XTC frame by not too much! little bit disappointed but no biggie. I have decided to stick to the anthem, and go for a better rear shock that I can lock out for commuting. The frame is quite light anyways and it has served me well so I am...
  2. M

Thanks for the replies guys! As for the touring last time I had 8kg off the seat post, 25l backpack, and my sleeping bag on my handlebars. Ideally I would like to maybe get my tent on the handlebars this time instead of the sleeping bag so there is not so much weight hanging back. Last time on...
  3. M

20 I used to road ride and do amateur triathlons, then a bit of dirt jumping which turned to single speed which turned to skate parks when I was around 17. Sold the dirt jumper, bought the anthem second hand. So I have been riding the anthem for about 2 or 3 years. It was my first dually...
  4. M

Sorry, i know this question has been asked but I am looking for some advice for my situation and I can't find the answer I am looking for. I currently have a 2006 Anthem (3.5" travel frame). The bike is a custom build, but the frame and rear shock is from an anthem 3. Anyways, I have come...
  5. M

avanti derelikt

To make life easier and cheaper I would probably just run a 9sp set up in the rear, and keep the front with a single chain ring, meaning a rear derailleur, hanger, 9sp chain and cassette. The type of riding you are doing is a good guide about the type of derailleur. Are you looking to still do...
  6. M

Decal/sticker sets

Thanks for that link I have known about them for a while now, and used them for shock decals in the past, but they only have Glory sets. I wish they stocked other giant sets as they are good quality I have found.
  7. M

Decal/sticker sets

I am wanting to get my frame powdercoated, but am waiting untill I can find somewhere that will sell sticker sets for my bike! I found some about two months back on US eBay, but can't seem to find any now. Anyone know a good source of sticker kits? I ride an 06 anthem, but I would like a...
  8. M

New to XC, need to know sizing???

Yeah, i think I will contact the bloke and do the swap. See if he can throw in some more money on top. And as you said I will keep the stp and see if ever crave it, and if I dont then i will sell it down the track. The anthem I am swapping for has some good components on it, so it should be a...
  9. M

I have been offered a swap for my 2006 TCR C2. The deal would be he gets my 2006 TCR C2, all stock, and I get his 2006 Anthem X3 that he has modified. Crossmax wheels, x7 derailer, Reba forks, xt cranks, carbon handle bars, avid juicy 7 brakes. He would also be throwing in $250. Should I go...
  10. M

That is actually realllyyyyy handy information! Thankyou for putting in the effort to write all that up! From what you and others have said, what I think I will do is change some components on the STP to lighter more XC focused components, buying 2nd hand off here most likely. My reasoning...
  11. M

That is what i need to hear! I would change the front forks as their old DJ 2's that are heavy as anything, and I don't need that brute chunky strength anymore. I was also thinking of just getting a new frame and using the components from the stp on an XC frame. What i might do is drop into a...
  12. M

My mind has changed i think to the Trance now (older model). What other bikes are comparable to this as I only know giant... And my budget is now $1300. I switched to trance as apparently they are easier to control for a novice (which I am) and can handle a bit more abuse which would be...
  13. M

Good DH beginner runs in Vic?

hey mate, did you have any more info about these runs at apollo bay? I can't seem to find much on them. Did either have any XC runs aswell?
  14. M

My wax based lube recipe

I tried this on a geared DJ bike, and it was surprisingly awesome. The first lot I made I must have used too much wax, and it caked up arounf the jockey wheels, but i gave it a good clean, diluted it more and it works well. Probably have about 10ish hours riding on it and its still quiet, and...
  15. M

what bike? Anyone able to help out choosing the next bike? I currently have an stp zero which i love cause I can do anything on it, howver commuting on it is that bit slow and hard going, so I am looking at a cross country bike for the speed compared to the stp zero, and maybe a cross...
  16. M

Thanks for the help mate. I thought it would be a bit big, I will hold out for a small frame. You have stopped me from bidding on an eBay auction on impulse, so again, thankyou!
  17. M

Hi, in short I have a bit of experience with dirt jumping, and then recently with road riding. I have an STP zero, and a TCR C1. I am over dedicated jumping now, and prefer riding for the sake of it, but I am not a massive fan of the pure road bike as i am very limited in where I can go...