Search results

1. J

Official kentlyn thread

G,day guys. I just moved to the top of Leumeah from Appin, and was wondering what this section whit the blue arrows is called?? I'm sure I rode it backwards but still enjoyed it.. Still just getting my bearings around the place.. Thanks..
  2. J

Whats the funniest thing you have found on a trail?

A mate and myself pulled up on our local trail to have a breather and a chat, as we went to pedal off about a minute later we notice a juvinile brown snake sun baking right between us. A bit scary for a second.
  3. J

Tharawal-Appin area

A pic of the bride. Doesn't seem to have any structural damage, just sagging from the weather. I'll prop it back up one day. The other two pics are a b4 n after of the bog section about 1km after the bridge where it dips down b4 the big step up rock. I just put down some rock armour. the rocks...
  4. J

2011 Anthem 29er x1 - cracked frame

Possibly a collector's item.
  5. J

Mowbray Park Farm - Wollondilly MTB Club track

Could be a good place for a jump? being straight n all.
  6. J

2011 Anthem 29er x1 - cracked frame

I just noticed a very faint crack line in my Anthem x29 2011 (polished silver one) top tube, seat tube junction. LBS said its a crack for sure. I also have cracks on the small bridge like arms down where the shock bolts on for over a year. I'm not to bothered about it as the bike has seen some...
  7. J

Tharawal-Appin area

Since the club have left Appin there has been two loads of rubbish dumped down the end of Burke st; both have had moto tyres in the piles, the padlock on the gate has been busted, I see half the amount of wallabies in the bush as the noise of the motos must drive them mental. Before a full day...
  8. J

Tharawal-Appin area

No it's not officially open again. It's just a update of the trails for those interested in how it's holding out without a club maintaining it.
  9. J

Tharawal-Appin area

Appin Trail Condition Update For anyone interested in Appin trails and there condition. Lost track: good Top Track: Good but sandy WMBC Race Loop: Good in most sections. First climb is good, single track and Abbott's loop all the way to bridge is good, bridge about to shit itself (hate to be...
  10. J

Sold

Sold sold sold
  11. J

Tharawal-Appin area

"Private Property" Please!! Do they pay for the fire trails to be grated every few years? Do they pay for the rubbish removal? I'm sure they have some say and authority over the land and its future preservation but to say its private property and anyone in there could be considered as...
  12. J

Tharawal-Appin area

Awesome news. Probably not the place to post but anyway. A video on Appin trails http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCywcGUFf5M
  13. J

What kit do you take riding?

Lately all the things I don't need and nothing I do need. I'v had some big walks home due to flats n chain snaps. Toepeak 18, water, bandage, phone.
  14. J

What seat clamp chain guide works for anthems?

Also, I'm 95% sure Anthems need low clamp.
  15. J

What seat clamp chain guide works for anthems?

I have used a widget 30T 1x10 with good results, or a 32T 1x10 with a bash guard on both sides of the chainring. I'v never run an actual seat clamp guide though. I dropped the chain on the 32T bash guard combo a couple of times but never with the Widget chainring and I ride very rocky rough...
  16. J

Tharawal-Appin area

Well, if they actually lived in Appin they would know that the MTB'er are one of the best things to enter that bush. It has gone from an ABSOLUTE dump, with people only going in there to smoke pot, dump rubbish or tear up the fire trails to the point the Fire trucks struggle to get around, into...
  17. J

Tharawal-Appin area

Nooo way. I would'nt try kill one for $million$. Thats how fools get bitten. It was laying right across the trail, so as we come flying down the Lost trails fast section my mate rode over the top of it, then it was flipping around like crazy when I went past it. I'd be suprised if it survived.
  18. J

Tharawal-Appin area

If you're going out doing trail maintenance let me know, I'll be in for sure. Also for what it's worth we have bumped into a couple of brown snakes, so look out. We flatened one of them. That new section near appin road you cut in is becoming such a great section now that its speeding up.
  19. J

My bike diary

Hi Grant, How are the Answer carbons 720's around appin? I'v only 660mm kforce on my bike and was looking to try the answer 720. Awsome bikes too..
  20. J

Tharawal-Appin area

Lost trail I have started a little work on drainage on the way to the Lost Trail, I have left a barrow and shovel just at the entrance on the right just as you Ride under the tree that goes over your head. Feel free to use it if anyone want, I can't always get out on maintanance days due to...