Search results

1. S

Derby in Tassi

Thanks for the info. I have assumed this a little from watching some pov vids of Rotorua trails looked pretty clapped out at times. Whilst I love natural terrain I have plenty of that at home. The small part of Derby I got to experience was very well built, yet still challenging.
  2. S

Derby in Tassi

Thanks nathanm. Should have prefaced with that I have been to Rotorua and seen all the sites but not ridden there, a few years ago now. So the tourist stuff is not a priority this trip. Trails and chilling out with a beer only. What how would you compare the trails themselves. I assume you...
  3. S

Derby in Tassi

Can anyone give their 2 cents that has ridden Derby and Rotorua. Planning a 5+ day trip late March. I have spent a half day in Derby only and was impressed but didn't get to explore much. Intermediate to advanced riders who like flow and techy single-track... Not afraid of a bit of pedalling.
  4. S

Norco sight a1 2018... anyone had a ride?

My brother has the fuel ex 29 (2017). And he can feel the differences with the sight, however he is happy to sit and spin on a ride and doesn’t get airborne that often, hence feels the fuel is better suited to his kind of riding.... definitely a horses for courses situation.
  5. S

A lot of bikes running a Horst link variation these days, I’ve hated some and loved others. Been on a trek ABP bike for 5 years, definitely plusher and more sensitive but boy they can bottom out hard. Prob a combination with the shocks trek are using. Sight feels far more playful yet stable...
  6. S

So I jumped in and purchase the Sight C2 29.... could not be happier. After 3 weeks of riding pretty regularly I can confirm it is as they say in the video above... it does everything well. Main thing that I am enjoying is how easy the bike is to get off the ground, wheelie and manual etc...
  7. S

1UP bike racks in Australia?

same here 99_FGT.... do you have one. PS great lead on the Railin rack guys. The rack may be a little more agricultural but the integrated led lights.... schmick! Doesn't look like it tilts down though.
  8. S

Dtrain08 maybe throw a few in your carry on for the return US trip... ;-) They look to be one of the best designed racks I have seen. Many reviewing users seem to agree, and they still retain many of the conveniences of other racks eg. folding and easy tool less install, no frame contact...
  9. S

Have seen both the grip and isi product. Neither were impressively designed or ticked all the boxes, plus they def do not seem well priced to me.
  10. S

Hi all Wondering whether anyone knows if 1Up bike racks are available in Australia. Have seen them extensively reviewed in overseas MTB mags and sites.... impressive. I swear I saw a customers car at my work fitted with one last week, but he left before I could chase him down to confirm and...
  11. S

thanks ducky1988 nice to hear a good report. Do you know the weight of the bike? What were your concerns regarding the wheelset? bike looks great, what cage and bottle did you buy to fit with the DPx2 shock? .... so many quesions ! :)
  12. S

If the sight C3 had a better (read... DVO) shock it may have already been purchased (however brakes immediately upgraded and maybe the dropper). Local shop had great things to say about DVO gear. Thanks for the advice Zaf. FYI i am more likely to brake the frame in the garage than on the trails...
  13. S

Thanks for your reply T.3 Have test ridden (admittedly short ride) the 2018 Sight C2, very impressed with geometry rear end kinematics and parts spec, but I am accident prone hence carbon and I will not get along, leading to my interest in the A1. Only hesitation with committing to the A1 is...
  14. S

Bike upgrade on the radar. Looking at the norco sight a1 29 In the background considering the fuel ex and a transition smuggler. Anyone have any time on the A1.
  15. S

Some Giant 2012

chain tensioners !!!! :) and adjustable seat post !!! :) does anyone know when new season giants are usually released in AUS?