Search results

1. B

Small or XS hard tail $500-750

Looking for an XC bike for my 11 year old son. Would prefer older better quality than newer lower quality at the same dollars.
  2. B

Beware your legal reponsibilities - Fire

Yesterday we had an incident when a volunteer brushcutting grass along a popular track ignited a fire (spark from steel blade). Fortunately the fire was quickly controlled by two local brigades. The site was within the town and adjacent to significant areas of riverside vegetation. Things could...
  3. B

Sold

Item: - Thomson Elite Seatpost, 31.6 dia x 410. Straight post. Location: - Bright Vic Item Condition: Brand new, unused in bag. Reason for selling: - unwanted gift Price and price conditions: - $40 + postage Extra Info: PM or Mob 0408 683 782 Pictures: crappy webcam photo below.
  4. B

Folding saws?

I'm after suggestions for the best folding pruning saws. I've got a little Cyclone folding saw, it's OK but not great (a bit small, the lock is sometimes a bit dicky). I've seen another one that slides out of the handle, it's a bit bigger, but not sure where it's from nor how good it is...
  5. B

Bright, Round 3 Nationals, March 15-17 - this weekend

CA have confirmed they will waive the late fees for the Bright round this weekend, so you can still get in without paying extra right up 'til things kick off. The DH track is like you've never seen it (unless you rode it last weekend), a ton of work has gone into getting it into shape for...
  6. B

Bright, Round 3 Nationals, March 15-17

The Bright round of the national series is approaching, the tracks are set and lots of work is being done to ensure this is a riders event. The XCO is about 6km laps, including some of our old stalwarts (The Switchbacks, Mineshaft Alley and Treehugger), some local favourites (Rheeces...
  7. B

Collapsible Rake Hoe

I've just built a small collapsible rake hoe to carry on the bike and attend to those minor maintenance issues that one sees when riding. I rarely get back to deal with them if I have to walk back in carrying a rake hoe and saw, but if I carry something with me it often only takes a few minutes...
  8. B

Mystic Hillclimb - Bright Vic

Sunday 21 Oct 2012 - the local Wandiligong Primary School is hosting "Tour de Wandi" which includes the inaugural hillclimb to the Mystic Launch - 10.2km of fire trail ascending 350m. Starts 9am Alpine Park, Wandiligong (5km from Bright). wandiligongprimary.wikispaces.com
  9. B

Trail maintenance App?

I'm kind of thinking out loud here. I was out riding today and looking at lots of trail maintenance that needs doing on some tracks I haven't ridden for a while. It occurred to me that it would be a "good thing" if there was an app that would allow all those people with smart phones to log...
  10. B

Merida 96 handling adjustments

I've recently bought a Merida 96 that seems a great machine, but after my 2010 Anthem X1 I find the front end just too nervous for my liking/skills. I'm sort of coming to terms with it but would feel happier if it was a bit more relaxed to ride (yeah, perhaps a go-fast racing machine isn't the...
  11. B

Trials display

This is pretty early days, but we are looking at putting on a fun bike event in north east Vic and are wondering about getting a really good trials rider or 2 to come and put on a bit of a show. Can anyone point me in the direction of who I might talk to about this? Thanks Pete
  12. B

Shimano caliper seals

My 2010 XT BR-M775 calipers have sprung a leak at the piston seals and I hate tossing an otherwise perfectly good set of calipers (Shimano don't offer replacement seals!). I see others have had the same problem. I can get a small run of seals made but would like to hear if other people...
  13. B

Shimano Hollowtech II BB51 BB70

Can anyone enlighten me as to the difference between shimano bb51 (Deore) and bb70 (SLX/XT) bottom brackets besides the price. I can get a BB51 for just $17 vs $40 for a BB70, and given the BB70 has rusted and failed it seems hard to justify the extra. It seems unlikely they would get...