Search results

1. B

Fork dust seal driver dimensions

Try some big sockets lads, work a treat!
  2. B

My experience with Canyon

I've had a Giant Boulder, a Giant Trance X2, a Santa Cruz Blur, then a Rocky Mountain Element, followed by a Giant Reign Advanced (some I've owned in parallel). Some of my builds, the Rocky with full XTR and Enve, have kissed $10k. I've also thrown mates towards the same LBS. Best buying...
  3. B

My experience with Canyon

So, a good news story. I have three boys aged 8, 6 and 3. Somehow, I managed to convince the good Wife to buy a quality MTB for the boys noting it will go through 3 of them. They can ride with Dad, usual grovel.. After looking around, I settled on a XS ladies Canyon Neuron 5.0 AL in matte...
  4. B

Evoc bags - worth it...?

Used mine for four flights to date, no damage yet. Agree it could be be better balanced, otherwise its awesome
  5. B

Torn ligament in ankle

Not medical advice, however, I fell off a few years back. Did a great job of my ankle - including a fracture just to top things off. I used an indoor trainer and that helped immensely. It allowed me to progressively add pressure and regain my range of movement. This was combined with some...
  6. B

Bell Super 2 MIPS sizing, stockist in SE Melbourne?

I went from a Bell Volt to a Super 2 MIPS - both large, both comfortable. I tried a Super 2 (non MIPS) on and don't notice much difference between that and the MIPS version. I'm in the North East if you get stuck for one to try - MTB direct have a good returns policy as well.
  7. B

Help Please - Rockshox Monarch XX - Rebounder Adjuster Issue

Post a picture mate and we'll see what we can do - sounds like a nice rig
  8. B

Helmet suggestions?

I've just picked up a Super 2R MIPS, one ride in and I like it - chin bar will be handy on the bigger down days
  9. B

Recommend me a 29er

My 2013 970 does
  10. B

Recommend me a 29er

I have a RM Element which I am very fond of - the new ones come in pretty colours.
  11. B

Wardrobe assistance

Tried the Humvee's and was not a fan - happy with the Pearl Izumni Canyons though
  12. B

Which tyres for 29XC

Known as RoRo's and RaRa's for a reason. I run a RoRo front and RaRa rear in snakeskin. They have been good to me and I have tried nearly everything.
  13. B

27.5 , 29 or just stick with 26

Replaced my 26 SC Blur XC with a RM Element 29 - both had basically the same components. Element is way better in the switchbacks. I also have a 27.5 Giant Reign. It depends on the bike, setup, trails and rider IMO.
  14. B

Santa Cruz 5010

Very tidy; I went from a Blur XC to a Rocky 970 Element. Blur was fast, however, things have moved on. Enjoy!
  15. B

Melbourne dualie MTB hire

Try Yarra Valley Cycles - bit of a haul to You Yangs from there though. Other alternative is Lysterfield - a couple of blue / black runs there. Other riding options are further afield.
  16. B

2016 Focus SAM C Team

What does she weigh?
  17. B

Chain reaction cycles

Dispatched via Skynet on 07/03 - arrived today. No tracking.
  18. B

The Smiths Gully Thread

Bit of a grave dig. Went for a burn through here today; nice change from Han's. Two things stood out, the gravel is loooosssee and the horse chit is out of control!! That aside, good day.
  19. B

New bike... Full stop

What I got.. Giant Trance X2 2008 - shock pump, useless manuals and a bell and reflectors in a box SC Blur - shock pump, hanger and grease gun Rocky Mountain Element - nothing Giant Reign Advanced 1 - truck load of manuals, bell, reflectors, tokens, hanger and random stuff, bolts and a...
  20. B

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I've got the same issue with a cover on the way. Is it as simple as removing the two screws, pulling the shift window and bolting on the cover? Looked that way on the inter web.