Search results

1. H

9point8 fall line

Hi, Has anyone out there been able to source a service/rebuild kit for a fall line dropper? either V1 kit or V1 to V2 collar kit. Can get online but seems ridiculously $$$ (~$140AUD) cheers, Tim
  2. H

9point8 fall line review

Hi, I've had the 30.9 150mm version for 4months now and it has been bonza, so I thought I would share my thoughts on it. I/my wifey have a KS lev Ti, Ks Lev Integra, KS dropzone and a gravity dropper between us and I've used/mucked around with/ serviced all of them. While the Lev's work...
  3. H

complete xc/trail bike

Hi, Item: complete bike xc/trail 26/27.5/29 - not too fussed Location: shipped to darwin postcode 0810 Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $1000 Extra Info: Hardtail/dually, not SS, size Large cheers
  4. H

helmet dilemma

Hi, This isn't really a dilemma for me - (I think) I'm convinced, but I'll put this idea out there for consumption/discussion/heckling. I crashed 6 weeks ago and did a fairly good job of rearranging my face, teeth and one of the bones in my hand (see the crash pics thread for entertaining...
  5. H

kona process 153DL frameset Large

Item: kona process 153DL frameset Large Location: shipped to 0810 Price range/Willing to Pay: depends on condition Extra Info: I realise it's a long shot, but maybe someone has one of these sitting around... cheers Tim
  6. H

wagga wagga for a few days - should I take my bike?

Hi, Heading to wagga wagga next week for a few days for uni residential school. I've searched the forum / google and it seems like there are some trails in town/near town - is it worth taking my bike so I can go for some evening rides? cheers Tim
  7. H

Deckas (AliExpress) NW ring review

Hi, Alice decided she wanted a hardtail that was more 'fun' than her Giant Lust, so we set about acquiring the bits. She put it all together (with me supervising / drinking beer) and I think she's pretty happy with the finished product for having more fun on the local trails. Saw that Ali...
  8. H

NT shimano hydro brakes, small hardtail frame

hi, I'm after the following: Item: 2x sets of shimano brakes (deore/slx/xt) currentish model Location: shipped to darwin 0810 Price range/Willing to Pay: depends on model, no more than $120/set Extra Info: condition less important, needs to be working or capable of working if bled...
  9. H

reducing travel on a 2014 fox fork

Hi everyone, I've got a 2014 650b Fox 140mm factory FIT CTD fork (32mm). I would like to reduce the travel to 120mm. I've emailed Fox and they reckon the lowest it can go is 130mm. Anyone know if there are any alternative solutions or if any of the fork service/tuning companies can do this...
  10. H

New track - Charles Darwin NP (NT)

Hi, anyone out there ridden the new professionally built track at Charles Darwin? Have been out there a couple of times - its fun, flowing and uses the available terrain well, but I wonder how long it will last in it's current state - the surface (dirt) is getting pretty loose and a little...
  11. H

NT shimano 10sp rear mech

Hi, I've snapped the cage on my derailleur Item: Shimano 10 speed rear derailleur Location: Darwin Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $40 shipped to 0810 Extra Info: deore/slx/XT clutched or not - don't care cheers tim
  12. H

9sp rear mech (xt or SLX)

Item: Shimano 9sp rear derailleur (XT or SLX) Location: shipped to 0810 Price range/Willing to Pay: $25 shipped depending on condition Extra Info:
  13. H

first world problem - finding a fun 650b SS hardtail

Hi So I've spent an unnecessary amount of time recently researching frames. To make the process more sporting/painful/expensive I've made a list criteria. I've currently got a SC chameleon SS and a geared Cove handjob. essential: - designed around 650b wheels - ability to run SS (no EBB, no...
  14. H

mtb skills coaching - erica trails, mt baw baw

Hi, was thinking some kind of skills coaching would make a good xmas present for my partner - we're going to be in the vicinity of mt baw baw/erica mtb park/foster in mid to late Jan (we live in the NT). wondering if anyone knows of any skills/guiding businesses that operate in this area...
  15. H

map of foster (vic) trails

Hi, I'm heading down to south gippsland in a month or so. I've worked out there is a 5-6km trail located right next to Foster, does anyone know if there are more trails in the area / are there maps? cheers Tim
  16. H

ride in alice this week

hi, I'm going to Alice Springs today until friday arvo. Taking my bike + keen to get out with some locals (probably evenings) - is anyone who lives in Alice up for a ride this evening/wed/thurs with a random darwin person? cheers tim O4387472O3
  17. H

650b UST tyres

Went out for a night ride with my mate last night - for the second time in recent times his 650b 'tubeless ready' schwalbe lost air / burped / whatever. Once these things loose a (some) critical amount of air they loose their seal (on converted giant 650b rim). We've tried every trick in the...
  18. H

which replacement seal kit (pike 454)

Hi, I've got a ?2007 pike 454 (coil) with a leaky seal. There appear to be two RS 32mm seal kits available: http://www.bikegoo.co.uk/product.php/609/rock_shox_32mm_dust_seal___foam_ring_kit__argyle__reba__rev__pike__recon__sid_ and...
  19. H

Coil or air pikes & parts

Item: coil or air rs pikes (454s ideally) Location: i'm in Darwin Price range/Willing to Pay: depends on condition etc Extra Info: would also consider busted forks (eg. bent steerer tube but serviceable lowers etc.) cheers tim
  20. H

eccentric bb woes

hi I've got a sc chameleon with an EBB. I've had slippage issues since I got it ?6months ago 2ndhand. For a while I persisted with the original wedge type EBB then gave up. I bought a bushnell EBB as some research suggested this was the best type + might fix the issue. I've got it positioned...