Search results

1. L

cube bikes

Should be arriving in march. CRC advertised price changes/or the product becomes unavailable as soon as you go to purchase from australia. Or atleast it should
  2. L

cube bikes

Hahaha going somewhere like that to save cash mightn't be the best idea... I dare say itl be all spend and no reward. The Australian stock has been priced very competitively when looking across the board with other brands. I say go negotiate a deal with a local store and take it from there
  3. L

Upgrade: Wheelset or Drivetrain?

None thus far, there has been a set raced in the club for the last year or so quite competitively with no issues, they're still running smooth (trust it though, they will pack up tomorrow now ive said that!)
  4. L

Weather proofing your bike

Alot of frames have stupidly positioned holes in the frame for drainage that actually allow more water in the frame rather than keeping it out. Siliconing them shut often helps keep grit and water out of the frame (and BB shell).
  5. L

Saddle rail - help

There is no way Id be trying to fix a saddle rail on a normal saddle let alone a carbon based saddle, tearing a hole outta ya a$$ with a seat rail wouldnt be pleasurable Im thinking
  6. L

Sorry, I fully understand the XT wheelset is tubeless ready and prioritise a loose ball hub setup. I was perhaps too general in saying the difference was just machine built. But to the OP by the sounds of what he is doing a tubeless ready wheel isnt probably worth the extra bucks. Centre lock...
  7. L

:) we now have orangebikes.com.au :( they're a bit fecking expensive

Just a note on the frame price, retailers actually make very very little margin on any frame-set wether it be road or mountain (not that they make much on complete bikes either :rolleyes:) The big thing to remember when looking at complete bike vs Frameset price is that most of the larger...
  8. L

Custom cycle jerseys

Champ system is the way to go, I wear nothing but their kits and I have to say the quality is fantastic! The guys there are easy to work with and can pretty much do anything
  9. L

One wheelset you might not have thought about would be a Jetblack offering. Their rocket wheelsets are fantastic for the money ($450 - $500ish) they offer the same weight as a Shimano XT wheel with very similar quality, the only difference is they are machine built.
  10. L

So. Your Bike is worth more than your Car...Add your Pic's

The cars only just worth more :P
  11. L

:) we now have orangebikes.com.au :( they're a bit fecking expensive

There are a few reasons why the Australian shop will cost more. As has been said our import, shipping, gst taxes and duties hugely mount up, look at any imported goods and you will see that we are more expensive than oversea's (eg, Any non aussie car) CRC buys huge numbers of product at...
  12. L

I would go wheels personally, its the area you will feel the most from your upgrade
  13. L

Posting from US to Australia

If you are going to do it that way just be careful, send it with one of the larger companies. Some of the cheaper quotes just send it to the port, and dont pay for clearance ect. They can leave you with alot of fees
  14. L

nitelight's - how do they rate

I have sold several sets of the nitelights without any returns thus far. Im very doubtful they are the advertised 900 lumens, but they sure are a bright light for the money! The best setup I think would be to use the nitelight as a bar-mounted light and get something alittle smaller and sharper...