Search results

1. P

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

A mate bought the Contrail TArp Tent last year. He tried it out in anger in the Kosi Nat Park last Dec. We were impressed. I recon a good balance between weight and comfort. IS on my "to buy" list this year.
  2. P

Thanks for tip. We'll try that next time for sure.
  3. P

Did you catch anything ? A mate and I carry Tenkara's when in the area. He rode in earlier in the year with a mate and fished the Tooma for a day but didn't catch much. He was also surprised by how many foot prints there were along the bank so I think it must get fished a bit. They fished all...
  4. P

Climberman - we just rode in from Round Mountain car park so pretty simple in and out. Last year we rode in to the area from Tooma Reservoir for a change. In via the Dargal Fire Trail, then Hell Hole Creek fire trail. Dumped the bikes at the Tooma River ford (before fire trail climbs up to Round...
  5. P

Just rode into Grey Mare hut in the Northern section of Kosi Nat Park. Skirts past the base of Jagungal Mountain.
  6. P

on one 29er Built up an On One 29er for bikepacking. Took it out for its first overnighter last weekend. Worked great. It's got an Alfine 8 internal gear hub which worked well. The On One stuffis cheap and easy to land in AUS so a good option if anyone is considering a new 29er hardtail...
  7. P

Aldi bike stuff

I also bought one of the stands last Xmas. For the price it's pretty well built. Took it to the Mont and my mates were pretty shocked it was only $40.
  8. P

Post your 29er!

On One 29er finished building this a few weeks ago. First 29er. HAving a lot of fun on it.. Alfine 8 on back.
  9. P

cheap option to give Bikepacking a go.. First time post I think. HI!! I’ve got a few mates who are going to come on my next ride and it will be their first time bikepacking. We’ll be doing a 2 night ride into the area south of Tooma dam in Kosi Nat. I’ve been trying to find some kit for them...