Search results

1. H

Mont- free spot in team of 4!

We have a spot in team of 4 if someone wants to ride, mixed abilities so anyone welcome, although it's a male team entry. Free! although you could bring some beer! good bunch of blokes, two teams camping together... Good times! Please email Ben brhetherington@hotmail.com
  2. H

Spot on Mont team. Don't miss out!

Half decent Mont male team of 4 looking for a rider after someone broke their toe... We actually have 2 teams camping together so never a dull moment. Full camp setup, we can even lend you a tent! Ben 0437 390796 brhetherington@hotmail.com Don't miss out!
  3. H

Bruce Ridge (ACT)

It's a bit hilly but no serious climbs. Pretty much perfect terrain for single track, it's got classic flow, like the best bits of Sparrow. Just a bit shorter than the other ones, but still long enough and obviously you can do as many loops as you like.
  4. H

Capital Punishment 2012

Was that at that tiny little bog hole? It nearly got me, and there was a bloke there recovering who had been over the bars.. I think it would have got a few over the course of the day..
  5. H

Capital Punishment 2012

you are a wise one grasshopper
  6. H

Mont 24 Hour. Tell us your stories

Surely he only ruined the couple of minutes that you could hear him? I think the majority of people thought it was a pretty wild experience; it certainly took my mind off the Love Child grind.. The drummer was even better though.. ps Wasn't Jimi Hendrix around when you were in your prime?
  7. H

The Mont 2012 - Trail conditions

You are bloody legends Great work trail fairies! From the pics it looks like a huge effort and would have been a nightmare without it. Weather looking pretty good for this week and really good for the weekend so time to get get excited for the trip down.. Anyone thinking of riding the Mont...
  8. H

XC Training

Find someone to go with, one of those roadie types that is right into it.. The roadie allows you to do something structured based on heart rate, that can be a good motivator too.
  9. H

Capital Punishment 2012

What date would you suggest Pants? It's going to have to be rescheduled, too many people look forward to this each year..
  10. H

The Mont 2012 - Trail conditions

The Mont course is pretty hilly and elevated so I don't think there will be too many 'lakes' in that part of Kowen. Hopefully it won't rain the week before the event and it will be sweet. Well I bloody hope so!
  11. H

Capital Punishment - local advice

It is not technical at all. Really nice flowing single track with some tighter sections and quite a lot of fire trail. The only place you will encounter rocks is at Stromlo and even that you wouldn't call technical. If it continues to rain it will not be nice. It was a little soft last year...
  12. H

MONT 24HR 2012 - team formation

Hey muzspeed, I got your PM but for some reason my responses won't go through (I think). I'm not a member of Miranda's Freckle but my team will probably be camped next to you at the Mont (with wilddemon's permission..).
  13. H

So no change of diet? Glad to hear you didn't have to give up the BK. Re: name, how about Miranda's Freckle? When will you make the announcement demon?
  14. H

XC Training

If you did the 250 fitz comfy you are more than a casual rider
  15. H

Actually I think the the team changes deadline is in a couple of weeks..
  16. H

The race is getting closer demon, what is it gonna be? Maybe settle for 'Wilddemon's mixed bag of brown eyed turkeys'? Might not all fit on the number plate tho..
  17. H

XC Training

I'm guessing there would be some difference in the quality of service provided, but $200 is a big difference. I had a bike fit done last year in Canberra for $90 and that was for the mtb and roadie.. I thought he did a thorough job and couldn't see anyone else doing it much better. I get the...
  18. H

Merida 96 handling adjustments

Be careful with this! The bits and pieces on the bars might now hit the top tube, and assuming the bike is carbon, put a nice little crack in your frame if you have a good stack. Happened to me, and lots of other people according to the bloke who fixed it. I had the same twitchy thing with my...
  19. H

Scott Nude sudden increase in pressure

Thanks for those replies people. Demon, thanks for the offer of the spare bike, it sounds heavy but I guess that makes it a good trainer. Not too cuddly these days, I'm around 83 kg and don't ride too heavy. Yes if you read my original post, the second time it happened was definitely on a...
  20. H

Scott Nude sudden increase in pressure

Righto I'm bumping this hoping someone will have some sort of advice... How about I make up some multiple choice answers: A) Stupid question, do some more research / there's a bunch of videos on Youtube / etc. B) Your problem is............. and what you do to fix it is............... . C)...