Search results

1. throwback

QLD 2013 RRR Mountain Bike Challenge

In! Yep, flying up from Melb Friday morning. Just checked the weather forecast - 27-27-27-26. Gotta love FNQ. Any advice for a viRRRgin ?
  2. throwback

VIC 2013 Marathon Challenge - The TOUGHEST MTB Marathon in Australia & 4.5ish Enduro

Shame Very disappointed to be hearing this event is finishing. I did the first two and thought it was awesome and I'd have done all 4 if possible. Definitely an event worth trying if you've never done it
  3. throwback

VIC Have You Seen It? You Yangs Yowie Saturday 6th October, 15km, 33km, 66km, 99km

Looks like it's down again. I was just trying to download the rider pack to see if there was any info I was missing but I'm sure I'll be OK Assuming it goes something like.... Start at 8am Ride 99km Play nice Watch out for the Yowie Does that cover it?
  4. throwback

VIC Have You Seen It? You Yangs Yowie Saturday 6th October, 15km, 33km, 66km, 99km

Website problems? Guys, is the GMBC website down for some reason? Haven't been able to get on there this afternoon.
  5. throwback

VIC Southern Exposure 24 hour MTB festival 20-21 OCT

24hr Cancelled due to lack of interest? !! This came as a massive surprise. All our crew got a call or an email from the organisers yesterday saying that they were scaling the event back to a 12hr because they have had such poor take-up for the 24hr. We were all stunned, just naturally...
  6. throwback

Castlemaine Rocky Riders 6 Hour, Sunday 19 August

Have a go with this http://youtu.be/4JY0rW5vdJQ
  7. throwback

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

I'm in the same boat, I did all 4 races. Based on points from all 4 I'm on the podium however as it's best of 3 I'm down the list and out of the running. It's only disappointing now the results are in but I knew the rules from the start so can't complain or claim it's a surprise! Hopefully...
  8. throwback

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

Crunch crunch Cool, not a very exciting task I'm sure, but much appreciated (even by the non competitive racers!) Spot on!!! This thread was starting to look like it was beyond hope. Roll on round 4 I say, the first 3 have been brilliant
  9. throwback

Series Results? Does that mean the cumulative series results are up somewhere? Can you tell me where can I find them?
  10. throwback

VES round 6- Blores Hill- GMTB

Count me in AND there is a dude that drives you to and from the local pub in a minibus...at least there was last year.
  11. throwback

Couldn't agree more 100% agree. Keep doing what you're doing guys the first two rounds have been brilliant. They have been fun, friendly, well organised and had a different spin each time in terms of the style of racing and personality of the clubs. Spot on
  12. throwback

Beer shortcut? SS style. What about a Pub quiz shortcut? Meat raffle at the end? Possibilities are endless, bring it on!
  13. throwback

VIC 2012 Victorian Enduro Series - Website now live!

Easy tiger! Trust me I'm not worried, if they run it I'll be there, just interested what to expect. See you out there
  14. throwback

VIC 2012 Victorian Enduro Series - Website now live!

Update anyone? Any kind of update on the state of the Beaconsfield course would be gratefully received! Is it... A) A bit muddy but plenty rideable with a sensible setup B) Proper muddy but hey it's winter, toughen up - better pack the shoe spikes and full mud tyres. C) Holy shit you...
  15. throwback

VIC 2012 Kona (Otway) Odyssey

I'm OK with dust. Mud is so 2011
  16. throwback

Wildside 2012

It's your duty to post the photos on here if they ever come to light!
  17. throwback

Wildside 2012

Only at Wildside That's bloody hilarious!!
  18. throwback

copperhead buller ? verdict?

yep spot on.for buller you want a tubeless setup with either full UST or tubeless ready tyres with reinforced sidewalls such as schwalbe snakeskin. pinchflats and tears from the rocks is what will get you if you run lightweight race tyres with tubes. any medium tread will work well. go for 2.2...
  19. throwback

Wildside 2012

Looking for a lift ---bump---