Search results

1. N

Upgrading to a float x or monarch plus rc3 on a Norco carbon sight?

Hi All, Had a chat to Cane Creek the other day. I was curious as to why they don't have recommendations for the double barrel and db CS for the Norco sight carbon. Well they got back to me very quickly and indicated that neither will fit the bike. I was a bit disappointed by that...
  2. N

LBS Upgrade Policy on New bikes

Hi All, I'm interested to hear what people expect or have experienced out there.. Imagine you are buying a new bike, say one of substantial cost 5K+ and are not that keen on one component (forks would be a common one). SO you want to upgrade the forks on the bike. What sort of...
  3. N

Frenzy open for this weekend -- but partly closed again Monday.

Please obey the signage with regard to trail closure. Part of Frenzy (top section) is likely to be closed from Monday on. The rangers have done a heap of work there on the land slip (6 truck loads of rock or something) -- but a couple more loads are required. Matt
  4. N

Cheeseburger

Hi All, In my role as trail development officer I just wanted to ask for Toowoomba area mtb'ers assistance with something fairly important. We are currently negotiating with council to make Cheeseburger a legal trail, protect its character and maybe even make it longer. But in a way...
  5. N

Shorter stem advice required

HI All, I ride a trance X2 2010. It is probably a good beginners bike -- I've liked it for the last couple of years. I rode a scott genius 10 recently -- and despite some of the bad stuff I read in reviews, I actually liked it. What I did notice is what reviewers have referred to in terms of...
  6. N

Anyone keen for a Saturday 6:30 trip from the Quary

OK, I'll be down at the Bridge St Quary at 6:25 am tomorrow (Sat). I'll wait a bit in case someone else wants to come along. Can't miss the chance -- weather is going to be good! Matt
  7. N

Best mid priced 120 to 130 mm trail/all mountain fork

Hi All, There are a lot of forks out there -- so I would appreciate some advice. I am putting together an order for a Santa Cruz Chameleon for my son (small bike). I want the best mid-priced fork in the setup i can get (ie afford). Not rock bottom priced -- good mid priced. What...
  8. N

Volunteer Award -- Many thanks!

Hi All, I just wanted to say thanks to all for the wonderful trophy -- I have to say that I feel there are others who deserve it as much or more. I could say it was a trophy for the whole team -- but let's face it, that is not going to work, since I will be the one drinking beer out of...
  9. N

Mt Joyce Trip

I notice not many have voted with regard to the Mt Joyce trip -- but I think a lot are interested. Find the poll: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?242427-Away-ride-mt-joyce and vote! Matt
  10. N

Non-toowoomba TMBC members?

Hi All, I'm currently in the process of developing a funding application for trail development at Jubilee park. First of all a reminder for all Toowoomba and region mountain bikers -- bluntly --if you are not already a member, but would like new trails, become a member soon. The number of...
  11. N

cycling in Toowoomba -- Regional Council Survey

Not sure how many have already completed this, but we need mountain bikers to get their perspective across http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HLFXFL2 The structure suggests we have been totally forgotten! I think Ryan may have posted this a while back. Matt
  12. N

bike racks and the range

Hi All, Met a bloke down at the rollercat yesterday who had just been fined for carrying bikes on a bike rack with no auxiliary number plate. $320!!! They got him as he came down the range. So, just a heads up -- apparently they do care about it, and it is very expensive. Matt
  13. N

Deed meeting

HI All Has the meeting with regard to the Deed been held? If not, when is it scheduled? As soon as that is out of the way, trail building negotiations can begin in earnest -- then grant applications. Kind regards Matt
  14. N

Multitool Dropped on Jubillee firetrail/Turkey

Hi All, Found! Thanks Matt
  15. N

An exception: Jubilee 4:00 pm ride Wed

In case others missed it, we are intending to start a little early on Wed -- unless it does not suit (Schoey?). So unless things have to change, we will meet at bridge st quary, at 4:00 pm tomorrow. The following week, things are likely to be back to a 5:00 pm start. Kind regards Matt
  16. N

Minutes from November trail meeting with TRC

Hi All, Some of you know that we have been planning more tracks, and about a month ago had a meeting with council. I will begin putting the minutes up here for people to see what went on. Then I will be continuing the process of developing support. Can anyone tell me if the deed meeting...
  17. N

Turkey/Gobbler is in action

Hi All, I've ridden the Turkey today, and it all looks good. I will give Graham a ring and thank him for cutting the log (thanks to those who moved it out of the way too). I actually said that we would move it, if he could cut it. So it worked out well. Graham was by himself and could...
  18. N

Turkey/Gobbler is out of action

Hi All, Schoey rode it yesterday, I rode it this morning. It is out of action. Trees down and quite a lot of work to fix it. Where saplings or logs have been used to hold benching...the saplings are now gone. A lot of work to fix up. Matt
  19. N

Sunday 6:00 am -- Bridge st

Hi All, Sorry to be competing with the Saturday riders.... Anyway, all welcome on the Sunday ride as well. Kind regards Matt
  20. N

Grant for open day

HI All, Dominic has contacted me with a proposal he has gone to the trouble of writing out with regard to open days. I can't sign it. It is due this afternoon. Can someone with authority get in contact with me (PM me or ring me) very soon -- it needs to be signed, and sent back to him...