Search results

1. E

old school downhill clothes.

Hey. Looking for jersey, pants, shorts from back in the early days. Sizes 34-36 pants. Medium - x large in shirts. The older the better. Old worldcup stuff would be sweet. Thanks.
  2. E

Glasses sweat

Hey, Whats the best way of stopping sweat getting on my glasses and making me stop to clean them all the time? Any tips or pointers ? Thanks
  3. E

headset choice

My frame new states it has a tappered headset zero stack. What does the zero stack mean? Can I use say a nukeproff or Chris king tappered headset? Or does zero stack mean I need something special? Thanks
  4. E

cranks and bottom brackets

Hi. will a set of 83 mm cranks and bottom bracket be able to be fitted to a 68mm bottom bracket frame?
  5. E

channel 9 news

Did you just see channel 9 news. Just another cyclist hating bit. Cyclist running red lights. What about walkers? Red light , j walkers they are heaps worse then us.
  6. E

amount of time it takes to travel a kilometer.

I've just strated to use my phone gps app. It has a breakdown of every km you travel and the time it takes you to travel it. On a flat road what is a decent time to travel a km. On a flat road the difference is only about 10 seconds between my fastest and slowest speeds. So my question is what...
  7. E

bar tape

Hi Does bar tape have a used by date? When should it be changed? Thanks I have no idea.
  8. E

29er frame angles

Hi, Thinking about getting a 29 hard tail, not real sure about the frame angles. Do these numbers sound ok ? head angle 71 deg. Seat angle 73.5 deg. Chain stay length. 439 mm Top tube length. 610 mm. The frame is a blank from e bay. Thanks...
  9. E

Smaller travel bikes

I thinking of selling my full on downhill bike as there is not to many downhill tracks where I live and its a waste sitting in the shed. The question is, would a 6 inch bike still be able to handle a day at Thredbo or Mt Buller ? Im thinking about something like a Trek Remedy, Transition...
  10. E

Measuring fork travel.

This is probably a simple question but to measure fork travel do you simply measure between the fork crown and the top of the fork lowers. Thanks for any help.
  11. E

Do races need to MTBA approved ?

As the title suggests, do all mtb races in Australia in to be run through mtba or can you hold your own event ? With insurane would a sports insurance company cover a bike race? Does running a event through mtba cover your insurance part of the event ? I'm thinking about holding a small...
  12. E

2012 National Champs.

Does anyone know the date of the 2012 champs ? Is it still in Adelaide ?
  13. E

Another sizing question

I'm looking at a new frame and can't decide between medium or large. Height wise I'm right on the line between the two. What the advantages or disadvantages going for a bigger or smaller frame. I'm looking at a trail bike. Thanks.
  14. E

creek crossings at bike buller.

What's the best way to do the creek crossings at bike buller? Not sure how to approach them.
  15. E

Style of MTB least effected by the quality of the bike

It a common question that comes up at the pub every now and again. What style of mtb is least effected by the quality of the bike you ride. Eg. Would Sam Hill be effected more on a basic downhill bike then Jason English on an entry level xc bike. The answer we usually come up with is dirt...
  16. E

talbingo. old highway.

Has anyone ridden down the old snowy mountains highway at talbingo. Apperently its a fue kms long and good to ride down. The caravan park guy was talking about it.
  17. E

rim and tire sizes.

Is there any problem with running a thin rim and having a wide tire on it. Clearance is fine. Is the tire going to slide around on its side walls or do damage to the tire. Thaks
  18. E

Bike Buller 4 hour brake burner track

Is the course that the brake burner for DH bikes, or better for XC dullies ? What track is the race being run on ? How much climbing will there be ? I Have looked on the web site and cant find much on the track it self ?
  19. E

Beechworth Track

Is the dh track at beechworth mtb park able to be shuttled, and also is there other tracks we should check out while up there ?
  20. E

Numb Hands

Guys, Every time I go for a ride any longer then an hour. My left hand goes complety numb. Right hand is fine. I konw it must be a set up thing, but any advice on the set up. Thanks