Search results

1. lichstars

VIC sold - 2009 Commencal Surpreme DH Small $1100

Frame: Commencal Supreme DH Fork: Rockshox Boxxer PRICE: $1100 O.N.O LOCATION: CROYDON Rear Shock: Fox Van R Shifter Rear: Shimano Saint 10 speed Rear Derailleur: Shimano Saint Handlebar: Diety dirty 30 Grips: ODI Troy Lee Brakes: Elixir 5 Owned by one female rider. Has fair few...
  2. lichstars

VIC 2010 Giant Reign 1 - SOLD

Item: 2010 Giant Reign 1 Location: Croydon, Melbourne, VIC Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: Upgrading Price and price conditions: $1100 negotiable Frame Size: 16" Rear shock: Fox DHX 4.0 Fork: FOX 32 Float RL, 150mm Wheelset: Mavic EN321 Rims, 26" Maxxis Crossmark tyres...
  3. lichstars

Mt Beauty State Race

Got some practise day photos up.. Not many as I was only standing around for a bit https://www.flickr.com/photos/122439476@N08/sets/72157643445463653/
  4. lichstars

downhill girls

Hey, Just wondering if there are any other downhill girls out there that are interested in meeting up and riding together ? I'm wanting to do my first race at mt tarrengower but not sure how i stack up against other girls so a bit worried. Would like to also meet some other downhill female...
  5. lichstars

VIC Small Downhill mountain bike

Hi, Item: looking for a downhill mountain bike - similar to giant glory standard, etc Size: Small / 16" / 16.5" frame Brands: don't care Location: melbourne/vic Condition: any condition as long as its been taken care of and no major dings Price: $1000-$1500
  6. lichstars

beginner races

hey, just wondering if anyone knows of any downhill races that are coming up that newbs can enter or a website in victoria/melbourne ?
  7. lichstars

mt buller - trail conditions?

anyone been to mt buller lately ? know how the trails are ? has the rainfall damaged the tracks ?
  8. lichstars

full face helmet sizing

hey, just wondering I'm about to buy a full face helmet, and the small feels snug and the medium feels the comfy loose. just wondering if i should go for more the snug feel or the looser type ? not sure if it gets really hot wearing something snug? let me know what you think, i cant seem to...
  9. lichstars

Where to buy full face helmets

Wheres a good place to buy full face helmets from that arnt too expensive ? Any place with a radius of 50km of Melbourne would suit :o
  10. lichstars

VIC downhill Full face helmets

Wheres a good place to buy full face helmets from that arnt too expensive ? Any place with a radius of 50km of Melbourne would suit :o
  11. lichstars

Road Tires

Hi All, I've got a Giant Reign 1, I know not really a road bike at all, but I'm wanting to ride it to work and just change the tires on it to a road/hybrid compatible.. something other than my massive mountain tires.. Looking for some suggestions ? Currently they have RIMS: Mavic...
  12. lichstars

Head Lights

What are you guys using out there for riding trails when it gets dark ?
  13. lichstars

Bike Cabling stuffed?

I've recently purchased a Giant Reign 1, and I've been going fairly hard at it, and yesterday whilst cleaning it, realised that one of the cables (hooked into my rear derailleur) could be a bit stuffed. I'll try to explain exactly where.. Front handle bars, cables come down, meets a...
  14. lichstars

VIC Giant Thermo or similar - womens specific bonus

What: Giant Thermo or similar hybrid bike - If you have a womens specific bike that would be a bonus, and if its a white theme, then even better. Where: Melbourne Price: Less than ~$400 Conditions: Second hand in good condition would be great. Extra: Small/Medium size needed to suit 165cm...
  15. lichstars

All mountain seat

Hiya, Just wondering what you girls have as your seat? I currently am riding with a Fizik saddle and its horribly uncomfortable and I get the sorest butt from it! I'm seriously considering getting a new (potentially womens specific) seat.. Any suggestions ? I mainly ride all...
  16. lichstars

Travelling bike bag

Am going overseas to do some mountain biking, and wanting to transport my bike. I've had a look at some bags around the $100 mark, but they weight around the 6kg if not more.. My bike alone weighs around the 13/14kg. Which takes it up to 20kgs. And my flight ticket only allows me to...
  17. lichstars

womens seat saddles

Hi, Currently got a giant reign 1, which has a Fi'zi:k saddle which is seriously the most uncomfortable saddle for a woman. Just wanted to see what saddles other women out there were riding with and what might be a recommendation. I typically ride all-mountain.. I'm considering...
  18. lichstars

Bright Yellow bar end plugs in Melbourne ?

Anyone know where in Melbourne I might be able to buy some (pref bright) yellow bar end plugs ? Looking online and found some Lizard ones ($4) but after shipping it'll cost around $25... Any suggestions would be great!
  19. lichstars

Yellow Rims

Anyone know where I might be able to find some bright yellow rims to replace my mav EN321 Disc rims ( 26" ) ? Any suggestions would be great Cheers:cool:
  20. lichstars

Victoria Races

I've checked the upcoming races in victoria but there dont seem to be any.. not sure if they get posted at a later stage or if there are just none for the rest of this season ? I havnt raced before, anyone know of a good race to start with ? Either downhill/all-mountain races..