Search results

1. J

Post your all mountain bike

I have similar but less flash versions, Guide R and turbine cinch. Have the same issue with the guide levers losing the snap back, sometimes when I just go to the shed and grab the bike. I'm not a big fan, they're fine but will replace all the SRAM gear with Shimano when it wears/I can justify...
  2. J

Post your all mountain bike

This thing is pretty sick! Where have you been riding it?
  3. J

ACT ride 16 April

Sounds the perfect rig for Bruce :)
  4. J

helmet dilemma

Yep, I had the same questions... Ended up with a parrabellum but still thinking of the parachute for "big" days... Something like, "I wear the parachute if I'm putting pads on". Thanks for doing your job!
  5. J

Craftworks ENR

Looking so good!! I see specs stating 27.5 x 3" will fit... Have you thrown a 29" wheelset in one of these? Is that a bad first question? Second question, Will you/Have you/How do you get Cane Creek to give a recommended setup for their shock on this frame? Send them a frame? Or send them geo...
  6. J

2016 Focus SAM C Team

That is good from all the angles. I love it.
  7. J

Stans Sux Ballz

So the tyre is a superthin walled tyre, its still strange that its not sealing a pin-prick. Sounds like a strange one that you can put down to bad combo of tyre and maybe sealant had settled too much, or something... i dunno. It's an exception, and I know there are other people here with more...
  8. J

Stans Sux Ballz

Nah, its pretty alright. Yours is either too old, too little or not shaken up enough. 95% of mountain bikers cant be wrong
  9. J

What the widest rim anyone is running a 2.2 ardent race on???

i run ardent race/ardent combo on the 22 internal hookless LBs and theyre both a nice shape. Have run ardent race on flows and I reckon theyre a bit blocky.
  10. J

The Single Speed Thread

I'd stick to the 32:19. The climbing there (other than black dragon) is smooth, and even if it's steep at times, there aren't heaps of techy climbing obstacles to require pouring on of grunt. If it's going to be over 100k of single track, that might entice an extra tooth up back?
  11. J

29er Tyre Thread

Depends which model you are using the non-TR version of. Non TR ikon is an abomination, so thin, so slashingly useless, so light. Ardent non-TR, yeah, seems to be fine. 3C is interesting, and great to have options of compounds... Just replaced EXO TR high roller 2 29 x 2.3 with EXO TR 3C...
  12. J

Reverb matchmaker remote mount... with shimano?

Thanks blokes. Will try to get that spacer and other bit of clamp... and another set for the brake. I reckon the PS 1.1 will only work with SRAM shifters on shimano brakes, not the reverb, but thats just from eyeballing it.
  13. J

Reverb matchmaker remote mount... with shimano?

I've been trying to get my head around the mismatch makers that problem solvers make, trying to use shimano brakes (zee or saint) with a reverb remote that is currently on a matchmaker clamp with guide brakes. Has anyone done this? Failing that (which is fine), can i get a part from sram to...
  14. J

Thredbo New All Mountain Trail

Ngarigo is on the TVT. Its about 10km of super easy singletrack to thredbo village from there... slightly uphill on the way there, slightly downhill on the way back. My 4yo kid rode it the downhill way, would be a nice warm-up, cruise back to bookend a day up there. It spacious, maybe has drop...
  15. J

NSW rollercoaster series 2016

I don't see a thread on this season's races... if it exists, feel free to boot this! I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the Thredbo round will only use the flow track? Or will the AM trail also make an appearance? Thanks in advance, JP
  16. J

The Single Speed Thread

Rode some buller at 34:19 29"last week. There are some sustained climbs, but I don't think any of the trails themselves require a gear lower than whatever you'd normally use. That gear is about what I always ride (in canberra) and fits wherever. The epic is (apparently) long when done all at...
  17. J

Kowalski Classic 2015 - 20 Sept - Entries Now Open

+ 100 on congestion easing I am usually one to moan about xc racing requiring too much passing and letting pass, but the waves and the course (especially with a slight uphill start for SS riders) were perfect for finding a position and holding it. I reckon maybe 20 passes all day, mostly...
  18. J

Jerrabomberra trails

Yeah, they're open,rideable, loose and less manicured than other places in Canberra. A strong sidewall will do you well. Two parts to it, the hill which seems to be a loop of old school and at times tricky xc, and then across a road, down the hill a bit there's a whole network of trails that are...
  19. J

Giant XTC SL, Why 27.5?

I dunno, some. Why?
  20. J

Giant XTC SL, Why 27.5?

Maybe I misinterpreted rone's statement, but it seemed to cover all 29ers. Your idea that the biggest bike manufacturer in the world felt bound to change an entire line of off road bikes in order to hide long chainstays on another model is hard to get behind. For one thing, they have the...