Search results

1. J

VIC SOLD Voodoo Wanga 15"

SOLD. Gone to a good home....
  2. J

VIC SOLD Voodoo Wanga 15"

Up for grabs is my wife's Voodoo Wanga 26" steel hardtail. A great little bike, but it's time to let go of the idea that she is going to come mountain biking. Purchased in about 2008, this bike has done VERY minimal riding. Probably 10-15hrs total! Was about a $2k build. Location: Essendon...
  3. J

STOLEN 2013 Pivot LES - Large. Parkville, VIC

The approach I'm taking is pretty much one of wait for the plod to do their thing. But seeing as this is proving to be a slow process, wanted to get the word out so if someone spots this unique machine on the trails they can alert the rider and/or me. Gumtree will not divulge info to me on...
  4. J

GDonohue - correct you were. Some scumbag sold my bike on Gumtree. The police were notified a week and a half ago, but no resolution from them as yet. Meanwhile, the bike has been sold and ad taken down from Gumtree. This means that someone in Vic has purchased my stolen steed and is...
  5. J

Thanks all. I can be contacted on 0408 389 716 if anything comes up. Cheers, John
  6. J

Bike:2013 Pivot LES Carbon Hardtail. Size Large. Colour: Orange. Date it was stolen: Tuesday 15th July, 2014 Where it was stolen: Parkville, VIC. Locked in my backyard. Specs: Fork: Rock Shox Reba RL lowers with RLT cartridge Wheels: Stans Crest rims, Hope Pro 2 rear hub, SP PD-8 Dynamo...
  7. J

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

@the lankyman. Links to a couple I've done out east/north east. Amazing country out that way. This stuff was mainly dirt roads, so no real MTBing. All done on my cross bike. Lilydale to Traralgon via Jamieson http://connect.garmin.com/activity/158570540...
  8. J

USB-charged lights

Check out the Lezyne stuff. Got the mini drive and it's awesome. Super bright, well constructed light and mount and USB rechargeable.
  9. J

I've ridden that start up to Mount St Leonard, and it's got some pretty nasty gradients in it (To give those that haven't ridden it an idea, we were clocking 70km/h coming down, loose gravel double track and on the brakes!). When it gets any steeper than that, gears don't help much anyway -...
  10. J

Awesome John. That section of the BNT has been on my to do list for a little while... Thanks for the quick write up and pics. Looking at those climbs, I might pack more than one gear. Nice work.
  11. J

Just got my first road bike - Any suggestions?

$1100!!? Now that is an absolute bargain. Was it on uber special? You've snagged yourself a really nice solid commuter/first road bike there mate. I wouldn't expect to have change from $2200 for a Reynolds steel, 105 road bike. Well done. The only things I'd be looking at changing in the near...
  12. J

[SOLD] XC Wheels: DT SWISS 340 Classic w/ XR400 Rims

Centrelock or 6 bolt? Running true? How long have you had them or how many k's approx done on them?
  13. J

Rotorua Winter trail conditions

Cheers Alchemist! Now just to convince a mate or two to take a week off at short notice.....
  14. J

Rotorua Winter trail conditions

So, I've got a week up my sleeve before starting a new job in mid August, and a flight credit up my sleeve due to missing last years SSWC in Rotorua. Contemplating a quick trip over the Tasman for a week of trail riding, but not sure of how the Rotorua trails hold up during winter... Does...
  15. J

VIC Surly Singleator Chain TensionerSOLD***

SOLD..... Yep.
  16. J

VIC Surly Singleator Chain TensionerSOLD***

Item: Surly Singleator Tensioner - Black Condition: Near new - Used 3 times. Location: Parkville, Melbourne Price and conditions: $45 ono plus post Reason for selling: Eno hub Extra Info: Very stiff spring, one of the best chain tensioners available. Can be set up to run pushing chain up or...
  17. J

VIC Thomson Elite Seatpost 27.2mm x 410mm Black**SOLD

Item: Thomson Elite Seatpost 27.2 x 410, Black Location: Parkville, Melbourne Item Condition: Excellent. MINOR usual marks where post has been inserted, but I run a lot of post, so these are quite low down. Reason for selling: Using layback Price and price conditions: $75 plus post Extra...
  18. J

[MGG] Melbourne Gravel Grinders #2 - "Finest Grind" 10/04/11

Hey Al, -You can ride whatever you like. A crosser is probably the ideal steed. The first installment saw us on pretty good dirt roads. Nothing too rough/loose. People were riding dual suspension MTB's, road bikes on 23mm slicks and everything in between -MGG rides are not a race. Social...
  19. J

VIC **SOLD**Thomson Seatpost 30.9mm x 410

SOLD!.....Yessir.