Search results

1. VK2GOM

NSW 26" STEEL rigid fork, 1-1/8" steerer, std QR, cheap - Repco / K-Mart etc.

Item: Steel rigid 26" front fork, with 1-1/8" steerer and normal Q/R dropouts. Off any old cheapie bike, like a Repco, K-Mart etc. Item Condition: Any - even rusty. It will be taken back to bare metal anyway. Price and price conditions: You tell me, but probably like $20 plus post? We can...
  2. VK2GOM

Boxxer 2008 RED SPRING

Item: Red (fat bloke) spring for my 2008 Boxxer Race. Location: Anywhere in Australia as long as you are willing to post or I can collect if local to Penrith NSW. Price range/Willing to Pay: You tell me. Extra Info: Does not have to be new, just good used condition is fine. Pics: It's only a...
  3. VK2GOM

Kona Stinky 2005 frame sizing vs. Me at 6ft 2"

Hi guys - any thoughts... I am looking to buy a second hand 2005 Kona Stinky with a Med frame size. I thought it would go Small, Med, Large. Apparently not - the size range in 2005 was Small, Med, Large, XL, XXL. My concern is I'm 6' 2" (188cm) and fairly long in the leg, and can't test...
  4. VK2GOM

Strange Hope XC hub disc fitting. Help!

I have a Hope XC front hub on my bike, that has a centre-lock style splined disc fitting. (see pic). Is there any sort of adaptor available to go from this to standard IS style 6 hole disc mounts? I see JetBlack do an adaptor to go from Shimano spline to 6 bolt, but my splines aren't quite...
  5. VK2GOM

Bad brake rub after disc change? Any ideas?

I just put a brand new rear Imperial brand 8" disc on my bike (thanks to a DHD sale!) and also changed the 74mm/IS adaptor block for the Hayes caliper, as it had a 6" disc on there before. However, the brake now rubs badly when the wheel turns. The pads are also new too, or at least, they...
  6. VK2GOM

Canberra 2009 Downhill Photos

Hi folks, Some of the photos from our visit to Canberra taken mainly around the Triple Treat area. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=137879&id=680114046&l=b41e6ba440 Peat takes Gold. Yeay! Cheers - Rob (A Brit)
  7. VK2GOM

Wheel dish out by 2.5mm - what to do?

I built my rear wheel (Mavic D521 rim, DT Swiss spokes, Hope Pro II hub), and laterally/radially it's fairly straight. The spokes have a good tension. However... the dish is out by about 2.5mm. I tried my best to correct it as I went but it always wanted to pull towards the non-drive side...
  8. VK2GOM

Odd spoke sizes - move up or down in size?

Hi all, I have calculated the spoke sizes required for my new Mavic / Hope 2 rear wheel build for a 3x crossing lacing, they are 259mm left, 258.2mm right. Now the snag - it seems I can only obtain spokes here in Oz in even sizes, so it's 258mm or 260mm. Any advice on mixing 258 (for...