Search results

1. D

Demos and Saint - what are people using?

For the past two seasons I've been running Saint M825 cranks in my SWorks Demo with the SRAM PF-BSA adapters. Needless to say they are creaky and I'm constantly having to press them back in. I've been hunting around for something more substantial and am wondering what others are using? So far...
  2. D

S Works Demo Build

Was actually going to try something different this build as have been on Specialized for some time now. Was looking at Saracen, YT, and Polygon but then this frame came up through a mate here in Japan at a price too good to not build. Frame - 2014 S Works Carbon Demo L with Ohlins TTX 22M Fork...
  3. D

Plasti-Dip for Frame Protection

Has anyone ever tried clear Plasti-Dip as a protective frame coating? I did the grill and rear step on my car with black and thought that the clear might make a great protective coat that can be removed when selling the frame. Having done a few bikes in 3M wrap you inevitably get the dirty edges...
  4. D

Anyone in Japan?

Recently moved back to Japan. I'm in Chigasaki, on the beach 50ks south of Tokyo. Anyone else in Kanto who's keen to ride? I've got transport so traveling to ride, Fuji, Nagano, Maebashi, etc isn't a problem. Not big on fireroading prefer tech single track, DH, but will ride pretty much...
  5. D

WTB 7" Boxxer Springs

Item: Red/Yellow 7"springs to suit 00-04 Boxxer Location: Jindabyne - Happy to pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: $ Extra Info: ASAP as moving to Japan in 6 weeks
  6. D

2001 Boxxer 6" Spring Colours

I'm rebuilding my old 01 S Works Team Downhill and need a stiffer spring for the forks. They are 6" Red Boxxers with silver springs which are too soft. Does anyone remember the colours for 99-01 springs. They changed around a bit for 02, then again 03-04 but I can't find anything on 99-01.
  7. D

Lake Crackenback Resort Activate MTB Challenge

AS part of the Lake Crackenback Resort Open Day we are running an XC race to promote our new trails and test them for the upcoming BMC MTB which is coming through the resort in March. We've put in about 13kms of new trail and there's $300 up for grabs for first in both Open Men's and Women's...
  8. D

04 FOX Float Shock

Item: Fox Float Air Shock from 03/04 Specialized Enduro Location: Will pay post from anywhere. Pay: Depends if it needs rebuilding or not Extra Info: Was a special build for the Enduros and was 175 eye-to-eye with a 50mm stroke. It also had the Itch travel adjust system.
  9. D

WTB: Big Hit Rear End

What: Early Big Hit Rear End (02ish PRE ART) Price range/Willing to Pay: we can work that out depending on condition Location: Jindabyne - will pay postage Extra Info: I'll consider a complete frame as well if someone has one. What: FSR Team DH rear end Price range/Willing to Pay: we can work...
  10. D

Demo 8 Frame Medium

What: Medium Demo 8 Frame Price range/Willing to Pay: 1000-2000 Location: Jindabyne Extra Info: After a frame only don't care what shock is in it. PM with any info/Qs.
  11. D

Intense M1 Small

What: Intense M1 Small Price range/Willing to Pay: 1000-3000 Location: Jindabyne Extra Info: After a small for my wife either frame or complete bike. Prefer black but any colour will do. PM me with any info/Qs.
  12. D

4x bike weight

What's the weight of people's dual sus 4x rigs? I weighed my SX yesterday and it came in spot on 14kgs with coil spring suspension and dual ply tyres. Is that on the heavy side compared to other's bikes?
  13. D

How to make Thredbo better?

I'll be working as part of the trail crew at Thredbo this summer and am interested to hear what riders would like to see on the hill. What I don't want is bullshit comments about hats and shit. This is your chance to have a say in what would make you want to come and ride Thredbo. Most of you...
  14. D

Thredbo Rounds Cancelled?

Heard a rumor the other day that the State and National rounds at Thredbo were being cancelled due to poor marshalling/first aid. What's the story, true or not?
  15. D

Snowing in the mountains but riding in Jindy

Bit cold down here in Jindy today but we went out anyway. Irish DH rider Greg O'Keefe hitting some Jindy spots
  16. D

24X3.0 DH rear tyre

What: 24X3.0 DH rear tyre Price range/Willing to Pay: whatever, $$ or trade for something you might need Location: Jindabyne Extra Info: Don't care brand or condition but a little tread would be nice.
  17. D

Template rear tyre

What: 24X3.0 DH rear tyre Price range/Willing to Pay: whatever, $$ or trade for something you might need Location: Jindabyne Extra Info: Don't care brand or condition but a little tread would be nice.
  18. D

2006 Intense M3

Item: 06 Intense M3 Location:Thredbo Item Condition:Execellent Reason for selling:Not enough time to ride/don't need race bike Price and price conditions:$7500, all offers seriously considered Extra Info:Specs as follows Frame: 06 Intense M3, Medium, satin black with white decals Shock Fox...
  19. D

04 Specialized SX

I've just recently finished building up a frame I got from Brad Kelly at the Thredbo State round last Dec. Frame: 04 Specialized SX with modified Vanilla R (more shims in ProPedal stack to make it pedal better) Forks: 06 Pike 426 Brakes: Hayes 9s Cranks: FSA V-Drive Extremes on Truvativ...
  20. D

4" Setting on 03 Fireflys

Is is safe to run 03 Fireflys in 4" mode for jumping/4x? I've heard that it can trash the forks as the travel reduction system is only meant for climbing. For those whove ridden/owned both the 5" 03/04 and the 6" 05s do you notice the extra inch?