Search results

1. S

30mm backer rod in Melbourne

Hi all. I want to make some DIY tire inserts with 30mm closed cell foam backer rod. But the only place that I can find that sells by the metre is in Queensland. Have any Melbourne riders made their own and know where to get it? Cheers, Spiggy
  2. S

I've modified my down hill bike to climb like a cross country bike. Fun, fun, fun.

Hi all. For my last couple of rides, I've had so many people stop me and ask about my bike (Hi Dave. Dave suggested I post about it on Rotorburn and I explained to him that a blog about the bike was already underway... and it would be posted on Rotorburn), that I've written a blog on it...
  3. S

Enduro Mountain Biking near Sandy Point

Hi all. Spending the weekend at Sandy point in Gippsland. Obviously there is no enduro riding near Sandy Point, it's flat. But are there any hills/mountains with gravity trails within 1 1/2 drive of Sandy Point? Google found my Mt Erica( brilliant place. I've walked and skiied Erica many...
  4. S

Shimano saint brakes don't have full pad contact...top 15% not touching rotor

Hi all. Just installed a 203mm rotor on my Reign and noticed when I took off the 180mm rotor, that the top 15% of the pads had not touched the rotor and was not worn. After inspection of the rear 160mm rotor, it appears to be the same. I checked the pads on my Code brakes from my down hill bike...
  5. S

VIC Withdrawn from sale. Please remove. Intense 6.6 Large Frame with Fox DHX 5

Item: Intense 6.6 Large Frame with Fox DHX 5.0 shock Location:Melbourne Item Condition:VG Reason for selling:Too many bikes and frames. Never got built up Price and price conditions:$480 plus postage Extra Info:Bought this frame off Ebay last year some time. Never got round to building it...
  6. S

7000 series alloy 10mm by 135 rear axle required

Hi all. I have been searching for an alloy axle but the closest I can find is a Hadley 10mm conversion kit. $100 is a lot when all I want is the axle. Any ideas? Jim
  7. S

VIC Sold pending payment -Mavic Crossmax sl wheel set. 26 inch. VGC true with no dents.

Item: Mavic Crossmax SL 26 inch wheel set Location:Melbourne Item Condition:VG to EX some scuffs but true. Free wheel hub has some play and needs replacing. Reason for selling:Don't need such light wheels anymore. Price and price conditions:$350 plus postage. Brake rotors are not included...
  8. S

Is there an Australian equivalent of Push Industries?

Hi all. Is there an Australian equivalent to Push Industries? Or do we need to send forks to the states to get "amped" up. Spigg
  9. S

Hi. First post. Looking for Hadley hubs in Australia?

Hi. I have already posted in the parts section, but I thought it appropriate that I post here as well seeing I am a newbie. Like I said in the title. I'm after Hadley hubs in Australia if that is possible. Thanks, Spigg
  10. S

Hadley hubs. Where to buy?

Hi all. Where does one buy Hadley hubs? Can you buy them in Australia? Thanks, Spigg