Search results

1. Y

Specialized SJ FSR Expert 29er with DT Swiss 520SL

I have been reading mixed reports about them, being a clyde at about 260-270 pound 198cm I have had troubles finding a full suspension 29er. I found a XXL 2011 Stumpjumper Expert FSR which I should be getting in the next few weeks (2012 stock has no decent XXL in it :(). So I am deciding to...
  2. Y

29er full suspension...... for a big bloke.........

Okay so I have been doing quite a lot of research and it has come down to two choices. Three choices if anyone wants to spot me some extra $$$ :P. Stumpjumper FSR Expert 29er http://www.specialized.com/au/gb/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=52820&scid=1000&scname=Mountain HiFi Pro 29...
  3. Y

29er Tyres UST TNT etc.

So I am looking at getting some. Possibly going with Hutchinson TORO on the front and either Hutchinson Python or Geax Saguaro on the rear. The drama is now trying to find somewhere in Australia or overseas(with free or cheap shipping) What are the side wall difference between these and the...
  4. Y

XC My Giant XTC 29er

frame ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum fork FOX 32 F29 RL-100 w/15QR Thru Axle and tapered steerer, 100mm travel handlebar Sram Boobar 780mm 300m stem Giant Connect SL seatpost Giant Connect SL, 30.9 saddle old charge saddle pedals Shimano PD-M520-L shifters Shimano SLX front derailleur...
  5. Y

Winmalee and The Oaks Fire Trail

I have filmed these videos on my new GoPro HD. Finally got the angle right today doing The Oaks. The next place I record will be Yellowmundee. I still have to re upload Manly Dam (inculding my little stack). http://www.vimeo.com/7789160 (Winmalee - Grose head south lookout)...
  6. Y

Avid Code 5 rotor choice

So I am buying the Giant XTC 29er (Due in week 2 of Jan). The Juicy 3's will either go up on ebay or get store credit at the LBS. Just received the Avid Code 5's from CRC. I want to upgrade the rotors but to what ? I was thinking 203 F 185 R. There are some choices out there though. What are...
  7. Y

PriceUSA or similar ?

Has anyone used this site http://www.priceusa.com.au/index.html . Or others like it to import a bike from the US ? I just want to find out how it all went with the process of it all, cost and packaging of the bike. I am looking at getting a Specialized Stumpjumper HT Comp 29er XXL (Australia...
  8. Y

29ers in Australia

Okay so I have been doing my head in badly :mad: I have been trying to figure out the best bike for myself. I am 6ft6 and around 125-130kg in seam of 98ish. I ride Yarramundi, Winmalee and The Oaks on my Giant Rincon 07 23" hardtail. My first choice was the Giant XTC 29er 22" ($2299 AUD)...
  9. Y

To Road bike or to MTB.

Hmmmm. I would like to first of all say HI. And the reason for my first thread is that I am in a little pickle :(. I have owned a Giant Rincon MTB (with Hutchinsons kevlar slicks) for the past 2 and a bit years and have never really been off the road so to speak.I would like to get up to...