Search results

1. M

which xc machine?

just ordered a scott scale 35, hopefully should have it by the weekend thanks for your input
  2. M

which xc machine?

any idea on the weight? the couple I looked at were old stock, but seemed a tad heavy I've thought about building something up, but don't really have the time. Buying something ready to ride will be a lot easier at this stage. I went to check out the scott range however they didn't...
  3. M

which xc machine?

yeah true about what ever I buy will be a compromise on something, the hard part is deciding which area I want to compromise! handy to know about the adaptor for the cannondale, as the particular model I looked at was an '07 model, and the guy was happy to negotiate. It did feel a bit...
  4. M

which xc machine?

I had a brief look at a few bikes today, rode a trek xc dually as well as a hard tail, I think the hard tail better suit what I will be using this bike for. Also had a look at a Zaskar, the bloke at this shop was useless, no help at all, so If I decide on a GT it will be from another shop...
  5. M

which xc machine?

the longer the better, I guess what I'd like is for which ever bike I buy, to last as long as possible, upgrading anything that wears out along the way. I've still got my Giant ATX 770 (rigid) which must be getting close to 15 years old, I've replaced worn components on it over the years and...
  6. M

which xc machine?

how do you think the carbon will last,long term?
  7. M

which xc machine?

I'll try get to a few shops tomorrow arvo to see whats on offer. I've also been keeping my eye out for a newish 2nd bike as well, but no luck as yet. thanks for the info
  8. M

which xc machine?

Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a new xc machine. I'll mainly be using on the trails, maybe a few races. but will probably clock up a few k's on bike tracks as well during the week. Thats why I was leaning towards a hard tail.... I'm looking at spending around $2500-3000ish a...
  9. M

Drift Bikes pre stocktake sale, BMX AND MTB

what height would the large zaskars suit? will you be getting any in medium? thanks
  10. M

hookworms for road use?

i've had a bit of a look today and the only half decent tyres i good find were Geax, roadster can anyone recomend anywhere online or around melbourne which has a decent range to have a look at? thanks
  11. M

hookworms for road use?

thanks for the advise, sounds like I'll avoid the hookworms, has anyone used the IRC metro II?
  12. M

hookworms for road use?

I'm tempted to give them a go, I just don't want them to be any worse than the old panaracer smoke's that i'm currently using
  13. M

hookworms for road use?

thanks for the replies, I'll have a look for a more road orientated tyre. can you reccomend anything in particular? a couple of people have said the tioga urban freestyle or the tioga cityslicker are good tyres
  14. M

hookworms for road use?

Hi everyone, I'm just after some advise on weather maxxis hookworms are any good on the road? I've got an old giant atx770 that i want to use on the road (trying to get fit!) and am considering these, how do they roll? can you feel the weight when mainly using them for clocking up a few...
  15. M

How hard can an AC go

there's a couple of ac's on ebay at the moment if your interested
  16. M

What have you run over?

i cleaned up a dog many years ago. it came from nowhere, i slid down the road and the dog ran off yelping
  17. M

Does The General Downhill Comunity...

i used to be into cross country, but got a bit lazy and started catching lifts back to the top of hills. i'm still interested in it, just not as fit as i used to be
  18. M

advice on what bike to buy

nice :D how much will something like that setup cost?
  19. M

what type of platforms to buy

is there anywhere online where i can see a range of pedals and prices? i dont mind spending the $$$ as if its worth it :D
  20. M

what type of platforms to buy

what sort of $$$ would be looking at for a quality set?