Search results

1. jp4294

MTB Apparel - What's most important?

Hey guys, Hope you're all staying safe and sane through coronavirus! I have always wanted to create my own affordable MTB apparel (jerseys and shorts) and spending my days at home, I've finally had the chance to think about.. Wondering whether it is doable, I want to get the opinions of you guys...
  2. jp4294

Mainstream Mountain Biking?

So, a lot of people who know about mountain biking would probably agree that the majority of riders are underpaid compared to other sports. You have golfers, who each hit a ball about 70 - 80 times, competing for prize purses upwards of $5million. Surfers battle it out at Bells Beach for...
  3. jp4294

Sold!

Sold please delete
  4. jp4294

Long Term Bike Storage

Hey guys, I'm about to go overseas for about a year and a half and I'm wanting to keep my bike which is a Scott Voltage FR30. It will probably be placed in storage along with bits of furniture and what not and I was wondering if there's anything I should do to it to prevent it from seizing up...
  5. jp4294

Please delete!!

Please delete!
  6. jp4294

Sold!

Item: 2011 Rockshox Domain R Location: Helensburgh, NSW. Item Condition: Brand new never ridden. There is the tiniest of marks on the brake hose guide where I scratched the paint trying to cut the cable tie off but it doesn't affect the performance at all (see the pictures). Reason for...
  7. jp4294

Scott Voltage FR

Hey guys, Just got this new rig and I thought I'd share it with you. I've swapped some of the parts over from my old Session 77 like the totems. Fork: Rockshox Totem Solo-air Shock: Marzocchi Coil R (waiting for the right hardware to use my manitou swinger) Headset: Cane Creek Double X...
  8. jp4294

D2 Sizing

Hey guys, I went and tried on a D3 the other day and I was amazed! It is so comfy it's not funny. While I'd love to buy one I just can't afford it so I'm looking at the next best; the D2. However, I was told they're not making the D2 anymore and no shops near me have them so I'm wondering how...
  9. jp4294

Avid Bleed

Hey guys, My juicy carbons are due for a bleed and I was wondering what would be the best way to do it. I would either have to fork out $60 odd for the bleed kit which could be reused several times right? However, I've heard it's not the easiest job if you haven't done it before. The other...
  10. jp4294

Running BMX Cranks on MTB

Hey guys, Before you kill me for not searching... I have searched and it made me even more confused so I'm asking again and hopefully I'll get the answer I'm after :) Well, I'm thinking of running a set of Stolen MOB Cranks on my STP and was wondering what I need to run them. As far as I know...
  11. jp4294

Brake Help

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying my first BMX and my mate is selling his for a pretty good price. He has it set up brakeless but he still has the brake caliper and lever. What I'm wondering is what do I need to set up a rear brake that's not gyro? So far just thinking inner and outer cables...
  12. jp4294

What Bars?

Hey guys, After riding my mates bike which has higher rise bars (50mm I think) I am after a set of higher rise bars. I have Sunline V1's at the moment and I was tossing up between the Deity 2014's, NS Mint Bars and Spank Lounge Bars. Also, what bar clamp diameter do you guys recommend? I weigh...
  13. jp4294

Lowering Z1's

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone here has lowered a 2005 Marzocchi Z1 which originally has 150mm of travel to 100mm? If so could someone post a link to instructions or something? I've googled it but found nothing :o Thanks in advance JP
  14. jp4294

Need a new Helmet

I'm looking at getting a new DJ/Street helmet and was wondering what you fellow riders recommend? I have a budget of about $70 and I have been looking at TSG, Pro-Tec and Bell but fell free to suggest some others. Also, some relos are coming over from the UK so I was thinking maybe order it...
  15. jp4294

NS Bitch vs Norco 250

Hey guys, Just wondering if the NS Bitch is any good for DJing or is it more 4X orientated because I can't find any info on the geo. It would be an '07 frame with pikes for $750. On the other hand I could get an '08 250 with Marz DJ1's for $200 more. I want it for DJ and a little bit of...
  16. jp4294

Big Blue Book vs Other

Hey guys, I did a search but didn't find quite what i was after. Well, basically I'm looking for a book on how to maintain/fix your bike and have heard lots of good things about the Park Tool Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair. What I want to know is: How does it compare to other bike books...
  17. jp4294

Why is Canada so good (trail wise)?

Hey guys, I was just reading some articles on Canada in various AMB magazines and it got me thinking, how come Canada and similar places have so many bike parks and trails? Are the trails illegal? Sorry if this has been covered before :o JP
  18. jp4294

Removing RaceFace X-Type BB

Hey guys, I was looking at removing my X-Type BB but I don't know what tools I need. Would this work: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4062 And also, how do I take my Atlas cranks off? I have taken off the cap with a 10mm allen key then I tried to undo the bolt thing...
  19. jp4294

Movies

Hey guys, Sorry if it has been covered before :o I was just wondering what movies you reckon are the best? I'm looking for something to do with DH/FR/DJ. I like the look of NWD 10 but I was also looking at things like F1RST, Earthed 5 and Kranked Revolve. I know its just a movie and it...
  20. jp4294

Session 77!

Thanks to homsey, I am now the proud owner of a Trek Session 77 and my first dually :D. I've had it for about 4 months now and I'm loving it!!! Unfortunately it's nothing like Moony's 951 :D:p Here's a rough spec list: Frame: Trek Session 77 '06 Shock: Manitou Swinger 4-way Fork...