Search results

1. C

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Just keep on trying. I garentee you will eventually get it. Try and pull the tyre on the bead while inflating. i found that worked the best. having a mate to help you may make the job alot easier.
  2. C

Thanks for the adive guys. After 15 minutes trying to seat the tire, it finally inflated. YESSS. So in go's the Latex and in about one hour most of of the holes were sealed. I left it overnight and it seems to hold air so all i have to do now is do the back wheel and hit the trails.
  3. C

Can i use normal tyres because i dont really want to spend the extra cash on buying UST tyres?
  4. C

Tubeless Help!! so i decided to give a 'ghetto' tubeless conversion a shot but ive ran into a bit of a problem. i put the BMX tube on my rim, cut it down the middle than put my tire on. I used soap and water on the tire to help seat the tire on the rim but when i try to put air in the tire from...
  5. C

What the *%$@#! Brake pads?

if you checked them before the only explenation i can think of is the the pad has ripped off the metal peice.
  6. C

Racing in Albury

sure is. Im not too sure bout the track but im assuming its the no more secrets trail.
  7. C

whats wrong with my forks???

im pretty sure the forks are air. any more ideas??
  8. C

whats wrong with my forks???

I have a marzocchi XC600 ATA2 fork and i have been having some problems. Firstly i had this annoying clicking sound come from the forks. The bike shop sent it to marzocchi and replaced some cartrige thing. They worked great up till now. unless i have the forks full open and fully extended i...
  9. C

Yackandandah Downhill Track, Including New Sections.

Hey man sweet track. Can you tell me were abouts that track is in yack. maybe a map or directions. thanks
  10. C

"How to ride DH safely and win"

i dont understand number 41. "If your in the air and your back wheel starts to dip tap your back brake. It will cause your front wheel to dip forward." I cant understand how your brakes will dip your bike if your flying through the air!!!!!!
  11. C

I'm assuming it's a stuffed rim?

It is not a stuffed rim. I had the same problem. i got 5 flats in 1 hour. It problerly is the sidewalls of your tire. they are worn out and are pinch flatting the tire. check your tube and if there is two holes together (like a snake bite) you are pinch flatting. If you are pinch flatting get a...
  12. C

Tubless.....?

Do a search. Theres a massive thread on it
  13. C

Bike Shop Visits

Ive been going to the bike shop alot recently (once a week for repaires/purcheses) and was wondereing how often you would go to your LBS. Its starting to feel a little wierd going there all the time.
  14. C

Help Brakes

No good. It only shows bleeding method. Any links or explenations??
  15. C

Help Brakes

Ok. Thanks anyways guys. Does anyone know where i can get a detailed explanation of pulling apart the caliper. A link to a website would be great.
  16. C

Help Brakes

Id pefer to do it myself. What is wrong and how do i fix it. Please i need help!!
  17. C

Help Brakes

I recently got new pads for my tektro auriga hydro brakes. I put the pads in but the rotor would not fit in. I pushed the metal ring inside the caliper in but it would'nt move. I tried letting a bit of mineral oil out but no movement. I even empted all the oil out in desperation as i have a race...
  18. C

What would you reccommend? For light trails

I Own the the Gt Force 3.0 and i think its an awesome bike. the 6 inches of travel absolutly eats up the trail chop. It has very little to none pedal bob thanks to the independent drivetrain. The only issue i have with it is the pivots. They creak very easyly but easily fixed with grease. The...
  19. C

Post your all mountain/ light freeride bike

Yea but there is not an all mountain thread. It would look stupider if it was in the freeride or downhill section as all mountain bikes are very similar to XC bikes.