Search results

1. jimmy-do

Tumut 3 Hour - NOW BACK ON

Just registered for the Tumut 3hr on the Wagga MTB website--quick and painless. And only $20 for a solo. Good job on the prices guys, and good to see support for the MTBA (for the insurance). Now, is the course flat?
  2. jimmy-do

Mont 24hr

A friend told me that there were '100 cars' parked out there today. (Both sides of the highway!)
  3. jimmy-do

first set of lights!

Hey Critski, sorry to hear of your initial bad luck with AYUP. I have had four dealings with them, and all have been excellent. Had a battery connector intermittently fail after 8 months--no questions, replacement within 24hours!! Absolutely fantastic product. (I wish I get...
  4. jimmy-do

tMTBs Ep 36 Ground Effect

Another great one Scratchy.
  5. jimmy-do

I need more teeth on my Shim105 cog!!

Hey, thanks for the constructive comments re the compact chain rings up front--I'll need to work out what is compatable with the stock 105 crank set that is already there. Thanks for the tips on 'Harden Up' too. At present I can ride up Mt Ainslie (in Canberra), but it's pretty slow. (Graph...
  6. jimmy-do

I need more teeth on my Shim105 cog!!

OK, I'm looking to find out what is the largest cog that I can get to match my Shimano 105 (10 cogs). I have 25 teeth on my biggest, but am looking for a bunch more! Is there any cyclocross cassette which will fit? (Hills to climb!)
  7. jimmy-do

tMTBs Ep 35 Alice Springs Anaconda Enduro

Hooray Scratchy! I was suffering deep withdrawal from no new POD casts. Cheers
  8. jimmy-do

Capital Punishment - AROC Shambles!

Perhaps in lieu of this inflammatory statement on the AROC website: Due to non cooperation by Defence approving access through a vital piece of land, entries have been delayed. The decision is being appealed and we hope to have good news soon. We will post information shortly if you would...
  9. jimmy-do

Well, I'm glad to see that I generated discussion. I stand by my previous that AROC should not be blaming Defence and telling people to email the minister. I do hope that it is sorted out soon though--I want to do a 100KM marathon ride in Canberra. And for October26--AROC are probably...
  10. jimmy-do

No, I plan to do the race--looking forward to it. I'm frustrated that the route hasn't been posted yet so that I can get out and practice on sections of it. It just annoys me that a commercial race promoter is blaming Defence for a case of pi55 poor planning by the promoter. Defence is a...
  11. jimmy-do

Just noticed on the Capital Punishment website (100km point to point marathon in Canberra): The Capital Punishment course will take in the best of the Canberra single tracks including Sparrow Hill, Kowen Forest, Majura Pines, Bruce Ridge and Mt Stromlo. These famous single tracks will be...
  12. jimmy-do

BRISBANE City Council - MTB Survey - Please fill out!

Folks, I have just received this call for input on a MTB survey for the Brisbane City Council: www.brisbane.qld.gov.au Please take the time to fill out this survey, only a few minutes of your time! You have been sent this email as you have contacted our Office regarding your...
  13. jimmy-do

Cleaning with degreaser - am I destroying my bike?

Thanks for all of the responses guys! The degreaser is to get all of the dust encrusted oil muck out of the chain, cogs etc. (Very, very dusty where I ride!) I currently use a cheaper oil (which is most of the problem I suspect). I have a dry-lube which I'll change to on the next clean up. I...
  14. jimmy-do

Cleaning with degreaser - am I destroying my bike?

OK, I've had enough with those environmental 'citrus' degreaser which cost $18 and do bugger all, and used a $1.69 can of engine degreaser from Super Cheap. Talk about easy cleaning of the chain and cogs! Too good to be true? Am I doing damage to the bike?
  15. jimmy-do

Are the Gap Creek Trails good?

Have a chat with Kenmore Cycles about social rides at Gap Creek: http://www.kenmorecycleclub.com/
  16. jimmy-do

Are the Gap Creek Trails good?

Brisbane City Council pamphlet: http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/bccwr/environment/documents/track_map_mtcootha.pdf A couple of trails from some guy on EveryTrail.com: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=44519 http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=20776
  17. jimmy-do

Alps Epic - cancelled

Commiserations to all involved.
  18. jimmy-do

tMTBs Ep 34 Nathan Rennie

Keep 'em coming Scratchy! Not looking forward to the dry spell in Feb. Have a good time on the snow.
  19. jimmy-do

tMTBs Ep 33 The Karri Cup

Agree with the Banned guy above! Keep the talk about the Marathons and the Enduros coming! (Sorry downhillers!)
  20. jimmy-do

MTB NSW Any XC tracks near Nelligan / Bateman's Bay

Anyone know of any XC track near Nelligan or Bateman's Bay?