Search results

1. A

CRC Nukeproof Pulse 27.5"/26"

For example: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/prototype-27-5-trek-session-rad-fox-rear-shock-lots-new-pics-265806/ http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/prototype-27-5-devinci-wilson-265702/ http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/prototype-27-5-lapierre-dh-team-265985/ Yeah, but that's...
  2. A

CRC Nukeproof Pulse 27.5"/26"

Is it really necessary to start a new thread for every 650B bike that comes out? Why not put them all in the one thread or just link to the other forums that you're cross posting on?
  3. A

New Falls creek downhill track?

Don't really have high expectations due to the disappointment that was Kinglake DH track. Probably the most fun stuff I have ridden was built by 3 Chillies in WA, don't think they're operating anymore though.
  4. A

Cairns World Cup!!

Politics in the Cairns mountain bike scene as usual it seems.
  5. A

Best places to hit up - Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine

Outlooks in Nerang for freeride tracks. Clear mountain close to Brissy for a downhill free ridey kind of track.
  6. A

Advice please pro's :)

Corso jumps are okay. To be honest, if you're hitting Ferny jumps, Corso's probably not worth your bother. More of a beginner/intermediate place.
  7. A

Advice please pro's :)

Last time I was at Ferny Grove, the jumps were massive - think pro style sets. Brisbane Corso has some decent tabletops. There are also some pretty good gap jumps floating around.
  8. A

Atherton Tablelands

Well, I'm assuming that the track is going to be completed. So it's behind schedule, I think we should wake up and smell the roses. Tracks are getting built and we don't have to do anything, not a bad situation. No, I don't have any alliances to either company. Like I said, I've ridden...
  9. A

Atherton Tablelands

Well, the track isn't even open yet so maybe you should reserve judgement until it is completed and you actually get to ride it.
  10. A

Atherton Tablelands

Geez, you don't even try to hide your World Trail fanboyism. Both Dirt Art and World Trail have been responsible for some great and not so great trails. A bit of perspective wouldn't go astray.
  11. A

Ivanhoe dirt jumps need few seconds of your time

Do you have a link to said photos or can you post them up?
  12. A

Have you seen the graffitied jumps first hand or is this what the builder told you?
  13. A

Yeah, sounds good. If the council could provide some dirt, that'd be great. Not sure if much will happen before the new year, but yeah, if anything is happening, post a thread up and we should be able to get a few people along for a working bee.
  14. A

Yeah, that's them. There's already 3 pretty mellow gap jumps closest to the tennis courts and there are some rollers next to them which could probably pretty easily be made into tables.
  15. A

I think the council jumps would probably be a more appropriate place for smaller tabletops and pump tracks. There is already a pump track in the greater area, and it isn't too hard to find BMX tracks if you're looking for tabletops. As it stands, there are very few venues for intermediate...
  16. A

Correct version: -Old gap jumps with significant user base -BMX guy comes in, demolishes old gaps jumps, makes 2 gap jumps and a bunch of awkward tabletops -Council says okay, keep tabletops and please help maintain council jumps -Nothing happens -No one uses new jumps -BMX 'gives up' on jumps...
  17. A

Typical BMX vs. MTB bullshit. Fact of the matter is there are groups of riders from both disciplines that respect/don't respect trails. I'd go so far as to say that ability is a bigger determiner of the level of respect for trails as opposed to wheel size - in other words, better riders will...
  18. A

Well, I think there's probably two ways to look at it: 1) you're preventing kids/lesser skilled riders from trying the jumps and axing themselves 2) you're keeping the jumps (on public land) for yourself and your mates with keys It probably is a combination of the two, with point 2...
  19. A

Council land is owned by the council - insightful stuff there. Point is, there is a loose set of rules that govern unofficial trails e.g. No dig no ride, can't make changes without builders permission etc. The interpretation of these rules is essentially what's being discussed here - the...