Search results

1. Mad German

130kg rider and suspension set up

Yep folks, I currently weigh in on just under 130kg and started riding again recently after gaining a good 25kg. Now, the obvious question I have is whether there is someone who offers different shocks for my Felt Edict. I think it's just a matter of time before my Monarch RT3 retires...
  2. Mad German

From Sydney to Brisbane on road bike this Christmas, anyone?

Hi everyone, I am planning on riding from Sydney to Brisbane in the upcoming holidays. I'm looking for anyone who wants to join in. There is no set schedule, I am all open to suggestions, with the only exception: I want to sleep in hotel/motel with shared costs. Other than that,.... open...
  3. Mad German

Road Races

Hi, wouldn't it be nice to have a sticky of some sort that announces road races and perhaps a separate one that announces Offroad races, too? I have swapped my MTB with a Road bike permanently and am looking for some races (not so serious ones), where I can benchmark with others in the...
  4. Mad German

Loose spoke(s)

Okay, might seem a nerdy question, but I cannot find an answer anywhere; On my Roadie, I noticed shortly after buying the bike, that a spoke became loose all the time. Perhaps every 200km or so. Now, I realised that there are many more becoming loose and not only after 200km but after 4k's...
  5. Mad German

New Rim for heavy rider

Okay, I did search the threads but couldn't find the answer, hence I start a new thread; I am in excess of 100kg and ride a Mavic Crosstrail on my back which is totally stuffed. Within budget, what is a good replacement that I should get for my weight? It has to be 24 spokes and UST...
  6. Mad German

Looking for riders MTB & Road in Dural area (Sydney Hills district)

Hi, I want to get back into riding after a 15month break and looking for mates wanting to go for shorter and longer rides in the area. I also want to go back into racing and am looking to join a club, too! Please contact me via PM or here via reply button Cheers Mad German ;)
  7. Mad German

Wanted: Angry Doctor and/or Full Fling

Missed out on both. Please drop me a line if you're willing to sell your entry. Might even consider Half fling! Cheers :)
  8. Mad German

Gamin connect substitute

Hi, for the last twelve months I use my Garmin Edge 705 to analyze my rides. Of course only for the sake of analysing....... I was a premium user on motionbased but since motionbased had been taken over by garmin, I am missing some functions like weather details in the area, or the climbing...
  9. Mad German

Dirtworks 100km entry available!

Hi, due to lack of training, I give away my entry for the 100km Dirtworks. Price is the original (I think) $120 ONO First in, best dressed Requests please per private message only!
  10. Mad German

Dirtworks 100km entry available!

Hi, due to lack of training, I give away my entry for the 100km Dirtworks. Price is the original (I think) $120 First in, best dressed :(:(:( Requests please per private message only!
  11. Mad German

biking in Sydney

Hi all, this is just a hypothetical question! If I would live in Sydney (in Concord West, where that Hospital is), where could/would I most likely go for biking, i.e. where are the hills, and single trails? I know Sydney only as a tourist, and have no idea whatsoever where what is...
  12. Mad German

Crank arm magnet for Garmin Cadence Sensor!

Hi, as I expected, I finally lost the Crank arm magnet for my Garmin GSC10. I asked my best friend 'google' to find replacement but couldn't find anything. I think, it doesn't have to be the original Crank arm magnet but it can be one from another cadence sensor. However, I can't find anything...
  13. Mad German

NSW Cannondale Rush 3 *Sold*

Item: Cannondale Rush (Large) (2007 model) Location: Albury, but will be shipped at buyers expense (will be in Melbourne sometime in the next two weeks, so drop off can be arranged) Item Condition Optic: just a little bit of cable rub, and a (very) few scratch marks (not deep enough to...
  14. Mad German

(De-)Hydration

Going to the Full Fling next week, I tested out my (fuel) consumption over a period of time. I rode about 60k's with temperatures in the mid twenties. I drank three litres of water and I was still 1.6kg lighter than before I left. So theoretically I lost a total of 4.6kg. A few weeks back I...
  15. Mad German

How much travel is required?

Okay, looks like another stupid question! At the moment I am riding a Cannondale Rush with 110mm travel back and front. I have set it up in a way that it 'never' bottoms out. Recently I upgraded the lefty to a heavier rider, to allow for my 114kg. This way I can run it at lower pressures (around...
  16. Mad German

Scott 24 with over 100kg

Hi guys, I am looking for guys who rode the 24 Scott and had at least 100kg around their hip. The reason why is because I would like to do a comparison of those riders above 100kg with their lap times. Obviously up the hill and on fast sweeping corners, the weight is detrimental. Accordingly...
  17. Mad German

Accomodation Highland Fling

Hey Guys, I just want to let you know, that I have booked a room for four in a motel, near start and finish for myself (Bundanoon Country Inn Motel ). So far, the other three beds are still vacant. If anyone is interest in sharing the room and cost, just let me know. And don't worry; I'm...
  18. Mad German

Scott 24hrs

Hi everyone, I am looking for a lift to the 24hrs in Canberra from Mudgee. I will be by myself only with not much luggage and no bike. Also non-smoking if it helps :D I would obviously pay my share for fuel........ Alternatively I would also be happy if it is only to Yass, or Sydney Oh...