Search results

1. M

Sold please delete

57mm seems like too much stroke for a Trance, I would have though they were 51mm, but check. It might still be possible, but you'd have to make sure the extra travel doesn't let any frame parts contact at full compression.
  2. M

Rockshox Reverb Hose Barbs, can they be reused?

Yeah go for it. As long as you go with the above, the hose is in good nick etc.
  3. M

Tuning Fox RP2 on Maestro

Yeah, I don't know why these bikes got large cans. I think they were trying to make them feel plush, but it just didn't work.
  4. M

Rockshox Reverb problems

My pleasure. Make sure you watch all the reverb vids, if any of it doesn't make sense, feel free to message me. I'm pretty busy, but will try and help if I can.
  5. M

ACT SOLD Answer AM Bar/Stem Combo - NEW

Would you split, might be interested in the bar.
  6. M

Suspension DW Link vs Split pivot Vs maestro

Happy to help. I've spent years obsessing over the details of different designs, I guess that's part of being passionate about MTB, but you can definitely disappear up your own arse doing it :) My advice, ride as many as you can. If you don't know how to setup a bike then get help with that...
  7. M

Rockshox Reverb problems

I did a full seal kit but reused my top cap. Just to confirm, are you talking about the top cap that you can see externally that has RockShox etched on it? If so, you only need to partially disassemble the post to change that (be very relieved!) so you don't need any special SRAM tools unless...
  8. M

Tuning Fox RP2 on Maestro

Fellow Reign rider here. I was never happy with the Fox shock on mine, but that was more of a reliability thing than anything else. I've replaced it with a Monarch which is user rebuild-able if you're keen enough. You can also pick up different shim stacks for it to further tune. However...
  9. M

Rockshox Reverb problems

I've just rebuilt mine, it is finicky, but not overly hard if you actually think about it. The first stop is always to bleed it to make sure that system is working properly. If there is air in the line from the remote then the poppet valve inside the post will always be open and it will not be...
  10. M

Suspension DW Link vs Split pivot Vs maestro

I've had decent time on a DW Link (Ironhorse MKIII) and now a Maestro (Giant Reign). I think you can get far too wound up in the technical differences that won't necessarily make that much difference on the trail. The MKIII climbed like mad and did well on the downhills, but nothing like the...
  11. M

Help Need with 09 Giant Reign 1 Frame

The head tube on Reign's are really long, so it's a possibility, you'd have to measure them.
  12. M

Riding by Yourself

I rode Buller by myself and was a little worried about it. Took plenty of supplies and checked in with the village to let them know I was out there and what time I expected to be back, plus my missus knew. The more people know about where you'll be with the best accuracy you can give them, the...
  13. M

Reverb seat post

I guess if you're really keen you could try painting the whole post in soapy water, pump it up and see where the air is coming out. If it were me I'd probably just spring for a full service kit. It's 3 years old. For a component with sliding surfaces such as this (and forks, shocks) there are...
  14. M

Reverb seat post

If you're reasonably mechanically inclined you can rebuilt it yourself. There are vids out there detailing strip down and service kits are available about the place. I'd only try it if you've done similar before, e.g. rebuilt forks or disc brakes
  15. M

Alloy frame restoration - bottom bracket threads

What sort of BB's will that limit him to though?
  16. M

Riding with fork locked out

Years ago I ran a Fox Vanilla RLC on a commuter, with it locked out all the time. What I found was that with the fork movement generally limited to such a small range it wore through the stanchions reasonably quickly. I will admit I wasn't as on top of maintenance as I should have been with...
  17. M

Alloy frame restoration - bottom bracket threads

Yeah, I suspect you'd want to really love the frame if you're going to repair it. It's a bit of a pain in the arse job...
  18. M

Upgrading 2012 Giant XTC Drivetrain

That bike is 9 speed, so if you want XT then you'll have to track down 9 speed gear or replace everything, chain rings, cassette, chain, rear derailleur and front derailleur. I believe some mixing and matching is possible, but there seems to be slight differences between everything...
  19. M

Lights storage

Fair enough. My thinking was based on an old version of the site which didn't have as much data. Posting the link was the first time I'd been there in quite a while. Either way, it's useful site. Study it and make up your own mind!
  20. M

Lights storage

It's just my two cents. If you're going to leave them, possibly forget about them for a long time, they will self discharge more quickly when they're warm which is why I mentioned buffer time. I'd rather have them more charged than best practice than have them completely discharged for a long...