Search results

1. 72Fury

650b's! Who's waiting for more to start producing?

Word from a mate in the industry
  2. 72Fury

650b's! Who's waiting for more to start producing?

From what I have heard your wish has been granted
  3. 72Fury

2013 Nationals

The WC Climb was used in the Nationals a few years back but the sub juniors and the masters categories used the firetrail climb instead. It made sense not having the young kids going up there. I already know of several subbies who are not entering because of the course.
  4. 72Fury

2013 Nationals

Post deleted. My issue has been raised directly via my MTBA rep
  5. 72Fury

Maxxis Ikon EXO 3C on Stans rims

We run the EXO Ikons / Stans Olympics combo on my 13yr old sons race bike (18-22 psi). I also run the same tyres on my race bikes (26 and 29). We have had zero issues with fitment or sidewall durability.
  6. 72Fury

Garmin edge training techniques.

SportTracks I download all my Garmin data into the SportTracks application. The additional Training load plug-in (TRIMP, CTL, ATL etc) is invaluable for tracking progress and fatigue. It's also great for dialing in a taper before a race. The application is cheap to download and heaps better...
  7. 72Fury

Is the FS 26" XC bike dead?

Jaroslav Kulhavy dominated the world cup XC rounds this year on a 29er. I dare say his results would have been no different had he raced a 26".
  8. 72Fury

troubles with my XX brakes

+100......
  9. 72Fury

XC Training

Unless an endurance athlete is a vegetarian or vegan. As dietary creatine is obtained via animal sources, low level supplementation is beneficial in restoring levels in those who shun animal products.
  10. 72Fury

2011 Victorian Enduro Series

And they have been doing this for over 100 years !! The original off roaders
  11. 72Fury

Giant XTC Carbon 2012- 29er

Having just replaced a 2011 alloy XTC 29er with a 2012 composite, I have to say I am impressed. Admittedly my 29er rarely sees dirt and is used predominately for bicycle path smash fests, however the most noticeable difference is when climbing and cranking big gears. It requires less effort to...
  12. 72Fury

Set back post or not - STA 73 same as my road bike

Saddle tip to centre of bars will be shorter on a roadie as most will ride on the hoods or in the drops, which adds further reach. I find I sit where it feels natural. Saddle set back is also dependant on seat tube angle and muscle recruitment. If you find yourself hanging slightly over the back...
  13. 72Fury

Post Your XC Machine

Or some WD40 sprayed inside the grips also works well.
  14. 72Fury

XC Forks

Actually, the thread is clearly titled XC Forks. Out of the 191 posts in this thread, I'll be damned if I can find the evil "Commuting' word mentioned more than 4 times. Hardly everyone :rolleyes:
  15. 72Fury

Crossmark Standard UST VS Crossmark LUST: Opinions/Experiences?

The new EXO series are an excellent alternative to the heavy LUST. While they are not quite as bombproof as the LUST they are certainly miles ahead of the exception series as far as sidewall durability. They also bead up nice and easy with a cup of stans.
  16. 72Fury

L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

RIDE magazine (Aussie) produce the most comprehensive guide around.
  17. 72Fury

L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

Yellow: Andy Schleck Green: Mark Cavendish (heart says Cav but head says Hushovd) Polka Dot: John Gadret White: Andy Schleck Team: Team Leopard Most agressive: Vino I can't see Contador backing up after this year's Giro
  18. 72Fury

anthem aluminium vs carbon

Carbon I've had 3 top of the range Anthems. Starting with an alloy zero and followed by 2 carbons including my current ride, a 2011 Advanced SL 0. I had the alloy for 5 months before getting the carbon. It took just one 3 hour ride on a borrowed bike to seal the deal. The carbon just rides...
  19. 72Fury

Giant XTC seatpost

Alternatively, junk the stock, heavy alloy post and fit a better quality post. I’m running a carbon Ritchey WCS in my XTC torqued to 5nm with no problems.
  20. 72Fury

Tumut 3 Hour Enduro - Sunday 1st May

Awesome track After racing 5 times on the old course, it was refreshing to have the track run in reverse this year. The new sections were heaps of fun. The addition of a segregated 90 minute race was also a great addition, allowing kids to have their own solo hit out without having to deal...