Search results

1. Ricardo68

st ives pipeline track

Yeh waste not want not! I hate seeing old threads going to waste. Also is the old clubhouse behind 73 Hunter still there??
  2. Ricardo68

st ives pipeline track

This one go all the way down to the waterhole?
  3. Ricardo68

Everyone!! Watch 60 minutes!!! Channel 9

I logged onto the website to check out the chat after the episode, every second post was by some tool going on about how bike should be licenced & have rego, how riders do anything they want and get away with it, how riders are hoons or of course f4#$ots for wearing lyrca .. and they were the...
  4. Ricardo68

Cyclocross - please explain

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38357 Depending on your purpose there's a couple of bikes that would fit the bill. If you're looking for a fast commuter that can go offroad a bit it could be 29r, cyclocross or hybrid ... or a roadie with discs. The tripster looks good...
  5. Ricardo68

Cyclocross - please explain

http://surlybikes.com/blog/are_you_cool_man/ Sorry if it's old, I laughed! A recent issue of bicycling Australia had a good article on cyclocross (the issue with Lance on the front in a black jersey). I skim read it but apparently it came about when a French soldier around 1900 did some...
  6. Ricardo68

9 speed cluster on 7 speed hub?

Many thanks Floody :) New wheel it is ...
  7. Ricardo68

9 speed cluster on 7 speed hub?

Hi folks, I've inherited a crappy old bike. It's an old 7 speed with terrible chain and cluster, I want to 1x9 it. Is it possible as is or will I need a new rear hub? Cheers, Ric
  8. Ricardo68

11kg Tallboy

Do eet :) I just got a roadie from the states, the price diff is awesome.
  9. Ricardo68

11kg Tallboy

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/kit/SNAAJQKF-C Got a mate in the States Ben? $3.5k for xt build would be a great buy :)
  10. Ricardo68

Recommendations on all-round tyres

Yep that's it :) I think it makes a difference
  11. Ricardo68

Hehe yep :) Makes for a nice fast rolling tyre that grips on corners, and they're hard to come by. But yes OCD...
  12. Ricardo68

Hi Tangcla, love your pics :) I was drooling at your gt4 a while ago ... The best all round combo I've found is Kenda Nevegal 2.35 front and Crossmark 2.25 rear (they do exist). There's a simple mod you can do for the Crossmark to make them grip better on the corners and that's cut off the...
  13. Ricardo68

Upgrading: Is it always the right thing to do ?

Heh, maybe I can give you some insight ... I'm a shit biker with a decent bike. I just love riding. Whenever I'm out riding with friends I'm the last to the top of the hill. I've even done a few races on it (24hr, Fling etc), always towards the back of the pack, but I just love participating...
  14. Ricardo68

STEEL cyclocross / commuter / touring

$160 US for shipping via Fedex airfreight (only option). That plus the frame cost is still under half what I was quoted locally and since the frame is under the $1k limit, no dramas with customs. Cambria, pricepoint, chain reaction and Jenson are all quite good, though cambria is the first...
  15. Ricardo68

Nice list :) I can tell you the Masi is a good option. A friend's got the single speed version and it's a great bike. I test road the 20 speed version and it was very good. With the $A being so good I just bought a Salsa frame from Cambria bikes, who have them on special...
  16. Ricardo68

Hehe yep, the Salsa roadies all seem to hit the tourer mkt in one way or another.
  17. Ricardo68

That Salsa Pistola looks pretty good too, though probably more of a traditional roadie?
  18. Ricardo68

New Oppy A4

Yeh I should have put in a disclaimer that I know nothing about the product. I'm in the same boat though and was looking at it this morning, looks like the $89 deal is sold out now.
  19. Ricardo68

New Oppy A4

You're in luck, torpedo7 are doing a combo deal for $89: http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/EXSSPN841/title/EXUSTAR-Road-Shoe/Pedal-Combo---(SR432-&-PR101P)
  20. Ricardo68

Battle of the $1k roadies ... best frame?

I would love a single speed but the hills are evil and make it not an option. Thanks for the suggestion of Salsa frames, I might have a look. I get the feeling they might be reasonably expensive? Most of the frames I've found are on the exxxy side, but I would like something err ... good and...