Search results

1. M

Northeast Italy - suggestions

Looking for suggestions for good places for 3-4 days riding (& bike hire) in northeast Italy (we're flying in and out of Venice). More at the XC-trail-all mountain end of the spectrum rather than downhill.
  2. M

Forrest Yaugher trail access and controlled burns on 11/11/14

Does anyone know when the trails in the Yaugher area at Forrest are likely to be re-opened after yesterday's controlled burns? DEPI's information just says by the end of November, but we've got accommodation booked for 22/23 and are wondering if it's worth making the trip.
  3. M

2013 Carbon Cannondale Scalpel 29er

Thinking of buying one of these for enduro racing, has anyone tried one? Currently racing on either a specialized carbon 29er hardtail, or an old Yeti 575, and am looking for something as fast as the hardtail, but less harsh on the body after 6 hours!
  4. M

VIC SOLD Specialized Stumpjumper/Saphire

Price drop - I need to space! Item: Specialized Saphire 120mm rear travel, medium (womens), 2007 model, bought new Sept 2008. Not ridden since Feb 2012 Location: eastern suburbs Melbourne, pick up only Item Condition: Good condition, has some paint chips from transport rubs and normal use...
  5. M

FOUND Heart-rate watch - Mt Beauty

I found a heart rate watch in the mountain bike park at Mt Beauty on the 30/12.
  6. M

Terra Australis 2009

Is anyone else thinking of doing this event? http://www.terraaustralismtbepic.com/ Sounds like it goes through some nice 'hilly' county :D Not sure if I'm biting off more than I can chew, never done anything like this before, the longest I've ridden in one go this year is the '50km' half...
  7. M

another 'which enduro bike' thread

Hi all I'm in the market for a new 4-5 in. dually - to be used for trails and the occasional enduro race and I'd appreciate a bit of advice. My key criteria are that it needs to be light (12-13kg), under $4k and on the more 'relaxed' side rather than race geometry. My general question -...
  8. M

URGENT anyone who entered Geelong 6 hr, Rockhop or Bendigo 12hr online in April

Hi all Just going a last minute entry for the 6hr and saw that due to a system failure, Entryzone has lost all entries that were done between the 2nd and 27th of April. Races affected are the Geelong Crazy 6hr, the Rockhop and the Bendigo 12hr. Details here (including what to do)...
  9. M

Heatherdale Reserve - chance for a MTB skills area

Hi all Maroondah City Council are currently developing a landscape plan for Heatherdale Road Reserve, just of the Dandenong Creek trail. One option they're looking at is a mountain bike skills area, and they want to know how much community support there is for the idea. There's no...