Search results

1. J

taree mtb park worth a look

Last week we snuck out of covid-toria and enjoyed some NSW lovely winter weather. Stumbled across the Taree mtb park while i was up there. Had a great day the guys have built some awesome features and really nice jumps well worth a look. good mix of downhill and xc tracks the downhill tracks...
  2. J

One Up Dropper V2.1 clunking/noisy

I had this too. I pulled the seat off and the clamps that hold the seat rail. Under that there is a nut that holds the damper - it was loose. Tightened it up sorted. Good luck
  3. J

VIC SOLD Trek slash fox 36 Grip 2 XL

SOLD
  4. J

Price drop to 1800 if anyone’s interested
  5. J

Thredbo - all you need to know

theve just issued evac notices for Thredbo today looks like there in for a rough time good luck to everyone up there
  6. J

Thredbo - all you need to know

Just got back to Vic today From Thredbo Pretty rough up that way loads of smoke we left the village yesterday when the fires reached Tom groggin as did 90% of the people. There are now fires at dead horse gap about 5km from the village. only way in and out of the area is through Cooma then...
  7. J

Let me clear all these tumbleweeds with a price drop...... $2000.00 now
  8. J

Item: Trek Slash 2018 XL frame with Fox 36 Grip 2 Damper 160mm Location: Torquay Vic Item Condition: Very Good frame just a couple of chips bearing smooth, Fox reactive shock replaced under warranty 6months ago Forks Excellent Condition, serviced 6months ago when shock replaced. Reason for...
  9. J

Recommend me a hardtail

Also have a chameleon and agree loads of fun but not so cheap. I probably would have gone the ragley or nuke proof if I hadn’t got sucked in by the boy George cover they did.
  10. J

Thredbo vs the rest family holiday options

Thanks for all the info and recommendations I think we’ll do a Thredbo trip over Xmas again and might squeeze in a few days in bright November/December we’ve been there before and enjoyed it. We were lucky enough to spend some time at Les Ores bike park in France last month so it’s all a little...
  11. J

Thredbo vs the rest family holiday options

Been going to Thredbo for the last 10years over summer, Is it the best bet for a fun family holiday with some mtn biking. Kids like shuttles and chairlifts - cant blame em. Just had a look at Tassie but fck me for the price its gona cost me over summer doesn't seem too appealing, Im in Vic so...
  12. J

Hacks

It would be possible with the dremel but super painful and possibly take weeks and big dollars in tooling. Also the flex lines that remotely rotate the bit, can be problematic as they tend to operate more like a torsion spring when put under load. It’s more of a jewellery thing. I would...
  13. J

Dream Bike for the wife - Juliana Maverick - GOT IT!

My issue with warranty is availability of a replacement. If you buy anything interesting chances of the distributor having a replacement in the country are pretty low. I also prefer to deal with the manufacturer direct when it comes to warranty claims as the last thing I need is some kid in a...
  14. J

Dream Bike for the wife - Juliana Maverick - GOT IT!

Went through similar story with a Santa Cruz frame set couple of months ago. Told 4 week wait paid deposit to local bike shop waited...... 4 weeks later told another 2 weeks waited..... told another couple of weeks........ then told I was second in line when the next batch arrived with no firm...
  15. J

Fractured collarbone

Thanks for the post Broke mine too last week my X-ray looks nearly identical to yours. Been struggling to get good advise what to do, but have also decided to pull the trigger and get surgery. I feel the end result if I don’t will probably lead to further issues. Surgeon says without op...
  16. J

Sold Sram Guide R

Item: Brakeset Guide R front and Rear Location: Torquay, Vic Item Condition: Used in great condition few scratches. Reason for selling: Upgrading to MT5's Price and price conditions: $100 plus postage $15 Extra Info: 4 piston brakeset 50% left on pads Taken off Trek Slash Front hose 810mm Rear...
  17. J

Sold Rockshox Yari 29inch

Item: SOLD 29inch Rockshox Yari 160mm travel Location: Torquay, Vic Item Condition: Excellent Condition few scratches work like new only 6 months old taken off Trek Slash. Reason for selling: Upgrading to Fox 36 Price and price conditions: $550 plus Postage if required Extra Info: steerer length...
  18. J

lefty fork going knock knock knock

My lefty fork has been knocking both in compression and rebound since new. It only knocks when its locked out. I've sent it back under warranty but they basically said its normal. Its really frustrating like riding with a loose headset. The fork is a new 2 spring model. Anyone else got...
  19. J

Niner horror show air 9 rdo

Just a note saying case closed, Finally!! After more emails back and forth to niner US (who I think were playing good cop vs New Zeeland Niner Bad cop) I finally got my refund. Funny thing was despite all the hassles Niner New Zeeland still couldn't help but continue to claim they were...