Search results

1. dhd

Protective gear for DH?

Haven't been on Rotorburn a much for a long time. Just read this thread from start to finish (slow day at work!) and you Mr wifesirrational are a rock. well done sir. I salute your ability to remain calm and rational!
  2. dhd

Can my bike handle downhill mountain biking?

I say just go ride your damn bike! If you want to smash rock gardens and punch big jumps then you might want to upgrade to something more suitable.
  3. dhd

Protective gear for DH?

I've been DHing for about 25 years now and have taken the approach of wearing it when I think it's required. ie track that I find difficult or consider it a high risk on goes the body armour. Pretty much any time I throw a leg over the DH bike though its full face helmet, goggles, gloves, knees...
  4. dhd

ACT Sold

Stoy Sold. VipR still available. Best way to contact me is call 0403602133
  5. dhd

ACT Sold

Item sold, buy a Fox instead.
  6. dhd

ACT Troy Lee D2 Visor

Item: Troy Lee D2 Visor Location: Unimportant...we have a post office right? Item condition description: Not cracked like the three I already have.... Reason for buying: I keep hitting my head on things and cracking them. Price and price conditions : Not too exxy Extra Info: I don't really care...
  7. dhd

Aussie made DH frame, how to go about it

Buy me a beer sometime and I'll tell you all about it.... Basically if you plan on going into production the best bet is to get in tight with the right people in Taiwan and work with them on developing your design. If you just want the satisfaction of making your own frame, buy some 6061 tubing...
  8. dhd

Bargain buys thread

Bilt Eight in SM/M size $699 without shock. Bilt Eight in SM/M size $699 without shock. http://biltbike.com/product-category/frames/
  9. dhd

Angleset for IH sunday 09

I can do one for you. $150 brand new with three cups 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 degree.
  10. dhd

Cane Creek shock mounting bolt stuck

Sounds like a bent bolt to me.... Might have to get brutal with it....
  11. dhd

Suntour RUX forks

Haven't ridden RUX but another option in a similar price range would be X-Fusion RV1. I ran a set of these for a while and they weren't too bad.
  12. dhd

Bike Geometry

Polygon Siskiu, I think they are about $1100 and have similar geo. From reviews I've read they aren't a bad jigger for the $$
  13. dhd

Is the Giant Reign 27.5 2 good for downhill

Ok now everyone seems to have had their fun with you..... A Reign is fine for light DH. If you want to go nuts then get a proper DH bike as it is the right tool for the job. Creaking noise could be your headset but is probably your forks. I know there has been issues with crown/steerer...
  14. dhd

WC Round 6 Windham, USA

Actually kinda funny cause all the feedback I've heard from guys I know (Aussie junior team and quite a few others) have been saying how much fun the track is! Sure it may not be everyone's cup of tea but no matter what trail you put out there you aint gunna please everyone!
  15. dhd

ACT sold

Sold to some guy in QLD!
  16. dhd

ACT sold

Item: Cane creek DB Air 9.5 x 3 with 24 X 8mm hardware Location: Canberra Item Condition: Used only a few times. Excellent condition. Reason for selling: Sending my kid to do some World Cups and need money! Price and conditions:$400 posted Extra Info: We got this to test compatibility...
  17. dhd

Majura Pines Thread

Try Oconnor ridge for a fast blast on the northside....very close to Dickson and very fun! info here: http://www.theberm.com.au/group/bruceridgetrailinformation
  18. dhd

What to Look For ? Iron Horse Sunday (Possible New Project)

I'm a shade under 6' and had a medium for a toal of about 2 weeks.... I found geo too steep and whole bike just too short. I'd definitely go large if I was you and I'd be hunting for Angleset to update the head angle!
  19. dhd

Drop the 650B Rubbish!?!

Bottom line, go ride your bike and have fun. Ride what makes you happy. If that's 26, 27.5 or 29 inch wheels who gives a toss really.... Some of us goons however, do find it very interesting.....
  20. dhd

650b DH parts.

As RuffRydaz has put up another thread for forks it occurred to me that it's slim pickings out there for other stuff DH related too. Try walking into your local and asking for tires or wheels too...pretty much gets you that blank look....you know the one! Add your stuff or what you know is...