Search results

1. Lukas

Construction of trails in national parks in SMH

I will slightly change your words: European countries, Canada and US they already got it what is going on in this sport area. Australia far away not yet. And as i was witnessed in last Manly Council meeting, it is just proving my words.
  2. Lukas

Construction of trails in national parks in SMH

Bikesarefun, I will not say better!!! If I will categorise, Lets put it this way. According my MTB trips around Sydney and infos from trailfix.com.au there are approximately 45 MTB legal and council approved Trails covering Northern Suburbs, Western Sydney, South Sydney and Blue Mountains...
  3. Lukas

Alternatives to a 250/4hun for a very young rider?

Your son will struggle with anything bigger than 20". I bought for my son Scott Volage JR 20. this is probably best kids bike on the market here. I walked around many bike shops and only Scott is offering working front suspension fork equally to kids weight (RST Capa). Rest of them are stiff...
  4. Lukas

Car insurance questions

nothing really special. for example NRMA has under home and content insurance, portable sporting goods are insured against stealing (even outside your home, but you have to proof that bike was properly locked), damage including car crash and damage on the bike during riding (but not competition).
  5. Lukas

Queanbeyan Dirt Jumps and Pumptrack

How come? is there so many other trails and parks to ride? pretty sad. Anyway...Thanks for info
  6. Lukas

Queanbeyan Dirt Jumps and Pumptrack

I'm planning to drive down there for a weekend with few other guys and hope we will not be disappointed. Anyone has recent riding experience out there? what is the condition of the trail(s)? any photos? Thanx for any info
  7. Lukas

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

I remember how RS MAG 21 was soooo smoth.
  8. Lukas

To Give Up or to keep Riddding

this is very well written. anyway have few rum shots, grab a hammer and thin foam and straighten that plate :)
  9. Lukas

To Give Up or to keep Riddding

i suggest Keep riding! I nearly finished on wheelchair 5 years ago (my memory was deleted at that time :), nearly lost my arm due to massive compound fracture and following infection 2 years ago and now i'm re-inflating my balls and catching my skills back on DJ. It is also about good...
  10. Lukas

confronted by rangers

Actually Oxford Falls is bad example because it was local residents who "cleaned" nearly all wooden structures few years ago. The reason was big noise and mess around (not just from us - MTBikers but big contribution was from MotoX riders)
  11. Lukas

GIRO Hex MTB Helmet 2011 and Australian Standards Compliance

I think you are covered offroad but definitely not on road. With my experience dealing with insurance company (twice) they never ask me for any details of my helmet once they found that insurance claim happened offroad.
  12. Lukas

No more rain

and more ideas :) like this floorplan
  13. Lukas

No more rain

We dont need Qatar :) we need some abandoned old factory houses and proper lobbying to local council, that's it. Like those lucky bastards in couple of cities in US. Ideas here :) http://www.raysmtb.com/
  14. Lukas

The New Northbridge Pump Track - Now Open - now with Vids

here is it :) http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-33.810476,151.222648&spn=0.000852,0.001742&t=h&z=20
  15. Lukas

Nice and sunny weather yesterday around Northbridge. I went there with my 8 years old son. He really enjoyed riding there. Few other guys came there also (you might recognize them :) We found pumptrack in good condition after rainy days. only on two places we had to fix little bit drainage...
  16. Lukas

No more rain

Just wondering if his grandgrandgrand...father was named Noah.
  17. Lukas

That looks great. i will be there soon.
  18. Lukas

Where's the closest LBS to McQuarie Tower in Sydney?

No it is not joke:) very serious :) I could not believe it when i read it in SMH. http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/keneally-takes-a-tumble-cycling-into-basement-20101119-17zuu.html "Just coming in the car park the handlebar separated from the bike," an embarrassed Premier said. :)
  19. Lukas

Bondi State forest trails

Hahaha... dont worry Bondi is "Shaven Haven"!