Search results

1. Benzy

Thomson post compatibility with 8mm seat rails

Have searched but found nothing... Just wondering if anyone runs 8mm seat rails with a Thomson elite post and if they are compatible. I remember reading somewhere (possibly in the leaflet that comes with the post) that it is only compatible with 6-7mm rails. I ask this because I recently...
  2. Benzy

TLD Moto Shorts Sizing

I currently own a pair of Fox Strafer Shorts in size 38 (yes I am huge) and am looking at buying a pair of TLD moto shorts. Just wondering if they are similar sizes to the Fox's or should I buy smaller? Does anyone own both brands and if so, how do they compare size wise?
  3. Benzy

Boxing Day Ride - 5:30am

Who's keen for a ride on the morning of the 26th starting at 5:30am? I'm open to suggestions as to route but was thinking something along the lines of Frenzy - Rollercat (x2 laps) and back up. Pace will be casual and should be all done within 2-3 hours.
  4. Benzy

Oakley Snow vs MX Goggles for D2

Hey Farkiners, Have searched this but have found some conflicting information so... I have just bought a Carbon TLD History helmet in med/lge and am now looking at goggles. Just wondering whether the Oakley Crowbar snow goggles fit the D2 and whether they are less prone to fogging than the...
  5. Benzy

Saturday Morning Ride 16/08 - 6:30am

The brakes are fixed so who's keen to head out for a casual paced ride starting from the corner of Ruthven & Nelson streets - Saturday 6:30am. I was thinking of doing Preston & Gorman's so post up if you're keen.
  6. Benzy

Shimano Hydraulic Lever Pin

Item: Shimano Hydraulic Lever Pin Location: Toowoomba. Happy to pay for postage Price range/Willing to Pay: $10.00 (they cost $4.00 from LBS's) Extra Info: This is the pin which connects the lever blade to the lever body on a Shimano Saint lever. There is currently none in Australia and will...
  7. Benzy

Saturday Morning Ride 24/05 - 6:30am

Just testing the waters at this stage but would anyone be keen to head out for a few casual paced k's Saturday morning? I was thinking something local (possibly rainrutt - ? ) but am open to suggestions at this stage. I'm fairly unfit so pace would be casual and should be all done within 2...
  8. Benzy

Looking at getting into BMX... Need some advice

Hey Guys, I've been riding MTB's for quite a while now and looking at branching out into BMX to do all the things that a MTB can't. I have been looking at a lot of bikes and have narrowed it down to an 08 Eastern Element or an 08 Eastern Sequence. Firstly, I've noticed that most BMX's don't...
  9. Benzy

Saturday 23rd Morning Ride - 6:30am

Anyone keen to head out for a casual ride on Saturday Morning? We will meet at the corner of Ruthven and Nelson Streets with an aim to leave by 6:30am (tappa tappa tappa) Pace will be casual as usual and all dependent on weather.
  10. Benzy

Saturday Morning Ride 02/02 - 6:00am

You guys know the deal, who is keen and where did you have in mind? We'll meet from the corner of Ruthven and Nelson Streets with an aim to leave by about 6:00am... As usual, pace will be fairly casual and hopefully we should be all done by 9:00 - 9:30. Personally I wouldn't mind hitting...
  11. Benzy

Monday 27th Public Holiday Ride - Webb Park - 6:30am

A few of us are heading out to do a few K's tomorrow morning starting from Webb Park at 6:30am. We were going to do Rainrutt (maybe) - DH - XC (Rollercat) and back up the fire road to Bridge Street If anyone else is keen, feel free to join us...
  12. Benzy

Jez's Last Hurrah - Australia Day Ride Saturday 26th - 6:00am

Anyone keen to head out Saturday morning for a pedal? I'd once again prefer to keep it local but am open to suggestions. Post up if you're keen and we'll work out the route from there... **EDIT** North-end it is... We will meet at Webb Park with an aim to leave at 6:00am
  13. Benzy

Covered under warranty or hard luck?

I bought a pair of Easton Flatboy pedals from CRC in August 2007 and they have been playing up since day one. From the first day, the left pedal clicked in the 11 o'clock position when under load... The sound didn't get any worse so I though nothing of it. After a couple more months of...
  14. Benzy

Boxing Day Ride - 6:30am

Who's keen for a local ride on Boxing Day to burn off those extra Christmas Day calories? Keeping it local so plan to start from Webb park at 6:30am and ride for 2-3 hours at a reasonable pace.
  15. Benzy

Saturday Morning Ride 15/12 - 6:00am

Who's keen to try the same plan again this Saturday? Meet at Webb park with an aim to leave at 6:00am. As usual pace will be casual and we should be all done in 2-3 hours...
  16. Benzy

Saturday Morning Ride 08/12 - 6:00am

Who's keen for a ride this Saturday starting at Webb park at 6:00am? As usual the pace will be fairly casual and should be all done in 2-3 hours. I thought I'd post this in the non-club section so I don't kill Ryan's thread.
  17. Benzy

Saturday Morning Ride 17.11 - 6:00am

Who's keen for a ride this Saturday starting at 6:00?? I would probably prefer to keep it local this weekend but am open to suggestions as to the proposed route and meeting place. Ideally the ride will go for about 3 - 3.5 hours at a casual pace, so we should be all done by around 9ish...
  18. Benzy

Custom Built Polished Santa Cruz Chameleon

The new frame has finally arrived and I just finished the build so I thought I'd take a few snaps... Cheers to Tim and the boys from For the Riders and Andrew from Neezy who organised the awesome finish...:eek: Spec list as follows: Frame: 2007 Santa Cruz Chameleon (Large) Fork: 2006...
  19. Benzy

SOLD: Sun MTX Winter Cammo on DMR Revolver Hubs. (inc. Cassette)

Item: Sun MTX Winter Cammo Wheelset laced to DMR Revolver Hubs (20mm Front / 135mm QR Rear) with DT 2mm Champion Black Spokes. Includes 1 month old LX 11-32 9 speed cassette & Rim tape.(Both Rims 26") **SOLD** Location: Toowoomba. Item Condition: 1 Year old. Rims perfectly true. Hubs as new...
  20. Benzy

Hope Pro II Hubs

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the aluminium freehub body on Hope's Pro II hubs? I have heard some reviews saying that because the freehub body is aluminium (soft) it has a tendency to get damaged when removing the cassette. After time I have read that the splines get...