Search results

1. tyno

Geurie 3+3 - Now July 31

Race starting at 10am! Luxury! Even better that we only have to go all the way from the other side of Geurie (the right side of the tracks.) At this point, I reckon I'll probably be doing the 3 hour as I need to drive back to Sydney in the evening. I may change my mind on the day though... I'm...
  2. tyno

Geurie 3+3 - Now July 31

Sounds great! Looks like Vic and I will be making an appearance, don't expect me to have anything like the result of the last race I turned up to though...
  3. tyno

July school hols 3 hour racing - Dubbo and Orange

I'm afraid it looks like I won't be out there to defend my title this time. I went and got employed, moved to Sydney and rode once in a month... Next time Gadget! Tyno
  4. tyno

Central West NSW Enduro Series

OI! I resemble that! Ignoring the pain in the legs from that bicycle riding business, it was a hell of a fun day out. From my point of view, things went off almost without a hitch. Everyone seemed to have a good time and were happy enough when I caught up to them. I reckon I might have to...
  5. tyno

I think it's about 70 or 80m of climbing per lap. I'll post an elevation graph when I get back from today's ride.
  6. tyno

Could have been me, I've been down there a few times in the past couple of weeks trying to remember how to turn corners. It's amazing what you forget when you spend most of your time on the road... Good Friday's tomorrow, yeah? If so, I'll see you at 9.
  7. tyno

Which reminds me, if you need a hand doing any work on the track in the next couple of weeks, give me a yell. I think I'll still be around Geurie for a couple of weeks... Hopefully, I'll be back/around for the first race. I reckon the track will work pretty well for an enduro. Tony
  8. tyno

Scott 24 Hour Race Video

It was I! That was the most fun lap of the race for me, I slowed down a bit, had a chat to a few people and just enjoyed myself. But from the looks of the video I think I might need to work on some brighter lights for next year
  9. tyno

Getting my legs back...

first, if you don't care how fit you get or how fast you get there just ignore everything said here and just go riding. Push yourself a bit but just ride. If you do actually care how and how fast you get there and you're trying to do it as scientificaly as you can, grab yourself a HRM and...
  10. tyno

**updated, pics and write up** Riding to Melbourne from Sydney

That said, wheel build is by far the most important factor. I've toured with panniers using a stupidly light (straight 15g spokes x517 rim,) but well built rear wheel and had no problems at all. When I was in NZ earlier this year I ran into a guy who had a pretty normal load but was constantly...
  11. tyno

Great to hear someone else extol the virues of touring. Sounds like you had an awesome time except for the knee thing. I definitely know how you feel. I don't recommend having a stomach ulcer making itself known with 90km to the next place with any kind of habitation and not enough food to...
  12. tyno

Weapon 'X' - My XC Top Fuel Carbon Rig

You have a sid and you complain about flex in your wheelset... wtf?
  13. tyno

Mont 24 Hr

It was definitely after dark because the main contributing factor in the stack was that I was adjusting the position of the battery in my jersey pocket as it had twisted around after getting sick air(at least 5cm,) off the tabletop. This year is looking to be a corker. I've been on the bike...
  14. tyno

Yeah, what he said. The training is optional but it will be much more pleasant if you do. Getting on the bike with a bruised arse and knowing that you have a couple of hundred km to go is never a pleasant way to spend the day. I heartily recommend Assos chamois cream. It has a pretty good...
  15. tyno

XC Bike

Back on to the original topic. Yeti AS-R SL Reba Team (or world cup if it's available) X.0 FSA K-Force bars and cranks Thomson post and stem Magura Marta SL brakes Crossmax SL or Hugi 240/Stans 350 wheels That'll build up around the 10kg mark. Very similar to what I'm riding...
  16. tyno

Mont 24 Hr

An astute observation there mollusc fondler... I have indeed acquired myself a Yeti AS-R SL. Rather a nice little toy it is too.
  17. tyno

Mont 24 Hr

It's a talent... 1999: I'd been riding mtbs for about 3 months. I had no friends. I rode solo. It hurt. 2000: 7th place solo. the 'good' year. I'd have ridden more but I blew my rear shock about halfway through. 2001: The wet year... I piked cos I was getting dirty 2002: After...
  18. tyno

Mont 24 Hr

The track doesn't get properly marked until it's bunted just before the race and I don't think CORC have decided on the exact track yet anyway. The tracks are all pretty obvious if you can read a map well enough to get you into the general area though. There's no way to park a car really...
  19. tyno

Mont 24 Hr

Of course! That's the way these things are meant to be done isn't it?
  20. tyno

Mont 24 Hr

Excellent... I hear it's good for you. I'm going for solo attempt number 5 of 6 rides in the Mont. Hopefully I'll be allowed back on the bike soon...