Search results

1. P

Recommend a womens seat for beginners

Hi girls, I am trying to get my wife interested in riding her bike. Although the seat on her bike is a good quallity womens seat she complains that it is too hard and narrow and therefore shy's away from riding at all. I do a lot of riding and can say it is the type of seat you would...
  2. P

Night rides anyone?? Wollongong riders

Looking for someone to join me in mid week night rides. I was thinking wed or thur night but am flexible. Location: Wollongong - Northern suburbs preferred, Bulli to brokers for example?
  3. P

Drift Track is it ridable or overgrown?

Hello, Can anyone shed some light if the Drift track in the Gong is ridable at the moment or does it need some work? Anyone ridden it lately?
  4. P

Riders wanted to share shuttles at Funnell Web tomorrow.

Hello. Two of us are heading down to Nowra to race at SCUM's Funnell Web track tomorrow. As it is private shuttles only we need more numbers to fill the car and share in shuttling. Anyone interested give me a call on 0437475853. We have a car and bike traileur. We will be leaving from Bulli...
  5. P

Who's the silverback at the monkey "AWABA"

Any chance we can come up and ride your track on the weekend. Depending on weather of course. How is the shuttle road these days. Is a 4x4 required? Do you still put chains up accross the track? just a small car of three or four riders from wollongong. Cheer's
  6. P

What Masters am I for race category

Back into racing this year and not sure what age category I should enter into. I turn 34 this year (oct) so that puts me into Masters- ? Thank you in advance. Did a search but came up with nothing.
  7. P

Where are Results for state Rnd?

Can someone please point me in the direction where I can find times & results of the Vic state DH at Buller?
  8. P

Del Rio "race results??"

Anyone have or know where I can see results of WSMTB club race at Del Rio. Nice track guys. Some nice rock drops & a sweet rock garden. 2:30's may be a little short but all in all you guys should be congratulated.
  9. P

Kinningworth DH Race start times

Any Chance of getting the organisers of the DH at Killingworth to set back race start times. 1030am would be reasonable for people like us who drive over 2 hours to get there & get at least two hours practice in? 9am basically gives us no option but to miss out on what is becoming my...
  10. P

ANZAC day shuttles

In memory of those who fought for this country is anyone interested in going to war on some DH tracks. I'm from wollogong but have a fuel card & will drive almost anywhere for a few runs. What I don't have is a suitable shuttle vehicle & my usual riding buddies are slowly loosing their...
  11. P

Chains Jumping! any advice appreciated.

Hi, I'm actually a Down Hill Racer but I reckon you long distance boys will have more expertise in bike set up. Please help, before you bash me. Chain jumps at cassette. What I mean is, it appears the chain is lifting or being picked up by the cassette teeth and not so much jumping a tooth...
  12. P

Dear Killingworth Locals

Sir/Madam There is a small contingent of wollongong rider's thinking of heading up your way on the weekend as our tracks have once again been visited by the National Parks demolition crew & others are TOO WET TO RIDE (take note Pylet). As your tracks seem to be relatively open I figure they...
  13. P

Measuring Fork Oil Levels

I've notice oil levels for forks measured in cc's e.g. 220cc for an '05' 66RC. What is a cc. surely its not cubic centimetres? Would this mean 220mL?
  14. P

Beware deraillur Hanger for Faiths

Just a note as I found out the hard way & not to many shops may be aware that the deraillur hanger on the Giant Faiths are not the standard Giant hanger, but a faith specific hanger. They look the same but are a fraction different in size. So throw your spare Giant specific hanger at the guy who...
  15. P

Back end setup, need help.

Got a problem with bike set up as far as the back end of the bike wants to slide out and overtake the front end. Noticed it first at coffs on practice day. I avoided the 30fter due to the rumours of a puddle before the ramp. When fanning the brakes on the 'B' line the rear tyre slid out from...
  16. P

How often do you wash your Mtb clothes/attire

Seen this thread on Mtb review. Cracked me up. Those yanks were disgusted in dudes who didn't wash there gear after every ride. I was too embarrassed to admit it on that forum but I bet u aussies will understand. Hell, I'd be wearing wet gear if I did that. I'm thinking I wash shirt every...
  17. P

feelin flat

Got a flat tyre on my race run at thredbo on the weekend. So brings up the question. What type & size inner tubes are you racers using. Asked that question to one of the raw nrg dudes who says he uses downhill Maxis tubes with lots of talc powder inside. That sounds puncture resistant but...