Bearing replacement bike shop in Brisbane

safreek

Ok dudes and dudettes, I am trying to get the 2step up and running but need to replace the frame bearings, I have been led to believe they are a fairly standard bearing so should be easy to find.
My question is, is there a decent bike shop in brizzy that can pull the oldies out and whack some new ones in.
Alternatively, if anyone on rotorburn from brizzy, Goldie or toowoomba area is capable of doing this I would be more than happy to pay a proper price for you to sort it out as I am pretty fucked at this sort of thing.
Cheers

Last edited:

safreek

So, apparently these are the bearings I need, Pivot bearings - 6001 RS so am assuming they are all the same. These will do I hope
Screenshot_2024-04-06-21-17-00-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

binner

Hath shat hymself
.what are the external measurements ?bring them to me..ill press em out at work if i got the sizes or close to. Kelvin Grove Pm me if yr keen. no cash needs to pass hands.

safreek

.what are the external measurements ?bring them to me..ill press em out at work if i got the sizes or close to. Kelvin Grove Pm me if yr keen. no cash needs to pass hands.
Hi mate, by external measurements you mean the diameter width of the bearing I guess. I could get that in the morning.

safreek

Don't buy cheap shit bearings.
How about these, hear good and bad about Enduro stuff, is the extra 3 bucks for abec 5 Worth it

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
what do u like Dales?......im an ol skool NSK or Kashima
Schaffler but havent used for a long time.......
Anything that has a brand name that is synonymous with bearings. Enduro are good but usually more expensive than just getting skf or nsk bearings at a bearing shop.