Recent content by XTCPom

1. X

Short travel (80mm-100mm) XC Forks

Looking for a half-decent set of XC forks, no more than 100mm travel, preferably air or air/oil to upgrade from Manitou Skareb. Lockout and other similar features not essential, quality of fork more important. Must be disc-compatible. Scratch marks not a problem. Willing to pay $300, maybe...
  2. X

How fast?

Managed 72kmh on this year's Angry Doctor, and have hit 82kmh going down Mona Vale Road on HT with knobblies. Also hit 86 down to Spit Bridge from Seaforth on HT with slicks, whilst wearing a rucksack. Used to have a road bike in UK when I were a lad - long descent managed to take my friends...
  3. X

2007 YETI 575 or 2009 Giant TranceX 2

Well I've got a Yeti 575 and a Giant XTC, and whilst I enjoy the Giant and the great value for money it represents at all levels, I luuuuurrrvvve my Yeti. When I bought it I could have a run-out Reign 0 or a year-old 575 - one ride and it was no-contest. Had another ride against a Blur LT and...
  4. X

Yeti ASR SL, Santa Cruz Blur XC or Banshee Pyre

Ride them! I was all set to get a Blur LT a couple of years ago, but after riding it back-to-back with a 575, I went for the 575 - just felt better for me. Otherwise, get the one you want!!!
  5. X

100km Average speeds

I used the 50s in other events as a guide before setting off on a 100km - didn't start racing until mid-06 and find it a great way to motivate myself for training rides! If I can't get training off-road then usually a Tour du Plages from Manly to Palmie, via West Head and Bilgola Plateau does...
  6. X

JuicY 7 HELP!!

Thanks for the note. The pads move out the way fine - its just that I'm having to adjust them or bleed them or have the seals replaced or cleaned out so farkin often that its gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy past amusing. I know the real solution is to ditch the Juicys and get something more...
  7. X

JuicY 7 HELP!!

I'm interested in the replies here. I can generally manage this sort of maintenance OK, but the pistons on the rear caliper of the Juicy 7's on my bike seem to keep getting stuck. I'm not talking about every few months, I mean every other f$%*#*g ride and I'm a bit underwhelmed by it all...
  8. X

Buying Rims Online

Same here - bought a wheelset from CRC a couple of weeks ago - turned up in big box that was well padded out with paper. Also know of others who have bought just rims from CRC and had no probs getting them here unscathed.
  9. X

Manly MTB Club questions

Hey, I'm interested in joining - where, when and how? Live locally and have covered a few of the trails around the Dam and Oxford Falls - just interested in social rides.
  10. X

Whats the state of Penrose State Forest?

Presume by now the Forestry guys have started their work and Penrose is out of action for the Easter weekend. Anyone know any different??