Recent content by Tenpoints

1. Tenpoints

ACT [SOLD] 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper 23" Hardtail

Yes, alloy model. Well ultimately I would like a bike that fits me, and if you have something to trade that has a 24" seattube and ~450mm chainstays I may be interested. I don't have the cash to shell out on a custom frame at the moment so I'm thinking of just sticking to road for the moment.
  2. Tenpoints

ACT [SOLD] 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper 23" Hardtail

Item: 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper 23" Hardtail Location: Queanbeyan, NSW Item Condition: Very good condition Reason for selling: Been sitting in the garage too long. Don't ride it anymore Price and price conditions: $1200ono Extra Info: Different from stock: XTR M985 180mm double...
  3. Tenpoints

NSW [SOLD] Fox F29 RLC 2008 80mm travel 1 1/8" steerer (uncut) 9mm QR post mount.

Item: Fox F29 RLC Fork (2008 Model) 1 1/8" uncut steerer 9mm QR dropouts Post mount Location: Canberra Region Item Condition: Exterior: Good. Minimal scuffing, occasional chip but nowhere near trashed. Interior: Not sure, as they haven't been on a bike for a while. Stored upright for 6...
  4. Tenpoints

ACT [SOLD] XT M770 Crankset 44.32.22 180mm arms 9spd

Price drop to $140.
  5. Tenpoints

ACT [SOLD] XT M770 Crankset 44.32.22 180mm arms 9spd

Item: Shimano XT M770 crankset with 44.32.22 rings (9spd) and 180mm crank armsShimano SM-BB70 Bottom bracket Location: Canberra region Item Condition: Cranks: Very Good, barely any scuffing/scratches on arms except for ends. Rings: Very Good, not much use, no need to replace yet...
  6. Tenpoints

[SOLD] 180mm Shimano XTR M970 Crankset + Pedals

Item: Shimano XTR crankset 9spd (M970) 180mm crank length Shimano XTR pedals (M970) Location: Queanbeyan, NSW Item Condition: Pretty good, minimal scuffing on cranks, a couple of nicks including on the bottom. Pedals have some rust and scratches but the bearings are smooth and no play...
  7. Tenpoints

Two rides one weekend.

Well as it turns out, the weakest link was not my relative lack of endurance, it was my significant lack of core strength. Lower back, faced with a rather aggressive race position and many many rock gardens, quickly decided enough was enough and started palming off the tension to my spine. So in...
  8. Tenpoints

Too much bike for total noob?

While I would say go for it, think about the money down the track. If you have expensive bits then how much are they to replace? I once had a Jet9 that was as bling as bling can be, anyway the bits leftover are well above what I have now, but to use them again they are in need of some work...
  9. Tenpoints

A strange flat.

Haven't tried that, but I had a shocker this arvo trying to get ANY setup to work, including two different tyres (the Renegade had a cut in the sidewall), my I9 wheel (worked until the valve blew out through the hole!) and various other valves. I think by the fifth(!) attempt there wasn't enough...
  10. Tenpoints

A strange flat.

Furthermore (although not necessarily related) upon attempting to seal my DT Swiss X450SL rim and "2bliss" Fastrack tyre in a tubeless configuration, I discovered that despite liberal amounts of True Blue Goo (water based stan's alternative", it would not stop leaking through the weld opposite...
  11. Tenpoints

A strange flat.

The hole is about 90 degrees around from the valve, on the inside (facing the rim). It's a blowout style hole and I presume it was caused when the valve slipped inside. I'm not surprised that it flatted under those circumstances, I'm just perplexed as to how it managed to spin so far around the...
  12. Tenpoints

A strange flat.

Pre-race warmup this morning cruising Majura trails, rear wheel goes psshhiiw! Lucky we're not racing yet. I carried it back to the start (through the bush). Upon inspection of the damage I found that the valve was not in its normal place sticking through the rim hole, it was in fact 180 degrees...
  13. Tenpoints

LOST Polar Wearlink W.I.N.D at Stromlo Carpark

Pretty sure I dropped my heart rate transmitter (sans strap) on the ground at Stromlo (carpark) after dirt crits yesterday afternoon. I've scoured the house and retraced my steps at Stromlo this afternoon. If anyone found one it would be great to have it back, they're pricey little buggers :-S.
  14. Tenpoints

Two rides one weekend.

I'm doing the CORC 3hr race next Sunday 26th Feb at East Kowen, but recently discovered the rocky trail MTB cruise on the 25th. The only time I've raced multiple races in a day is nationals one time and that was an 1.5hr XCO race + a 15 minute XCC, not a 5-6hr 100k race + a 3hr race. From a...