Recent content by tegski

1. T

Kowen/Sparrow Hill status

Trail updates Check out www.theberm.com.au for trail info….
  2. T

Helmets - are you really covered?

How do they know... Simple, as per the Australian Standards testing, all of the procedures for worldwide testing are set out in a manual. Here it is called the Australian Standard - other places it's called something else :-) The setting up of our current standard is done by committee that...
  3. T

converting giant p-xc 2 29er wheels

Just ran the Bontrager rim strip system in the Dirt Crits at Majura at 21psi front and 18 psi back…forgot to check before going out - oops. Thought tyres were soft but OK and they are fairly old Aspens - felt a bit more squirrelly than usual, so I checked pressure on return. No burps or other...
  4. T

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Mine is def out too by about 3mm - not sure if that will make too many changes in riding though! Straight edge put on headset at front of frame to seat post on both sides and difference observed at top of tyre with tread to show how much. Med 2011 Anthem29er - shiny one :-)
  5. T

Wheel may be out by a bit…but Jeeezz look at the window !!!
  6. T

Which saddle should I buy? silverado vs syncros FL vs pro turnix AF

Bought a Silverado and did not like it…now on son's fixie and he loves it. I have had lots of saddles and usually end up with the Specialized version of whatever I am looking for because 1) they measure you in their shops 2) they have test saddles and 3) even though they are a bit exxy, it is...
  7. T

Anthem X1: Too Hard to Beat in "Bang For Your Buck" Terms?

As an owner of one of the 29ers that was recalled… Don't worry about the bike - Giant will look after you if there are any problems. I had a new Anthem X2 to use to train for 6-7 weeks for the World 24 hr Solo - not my drivetrain wearing out! …and the shop let me keep the bike as a reserve in...
  8. T

My suggestion is to find the guy that sold you the two Anthems and ask him/her…they should be more inclined to help. If not…what are you doing in that shop…? At least they could offer a red hot price on the tyres whilst the rep is contacted. Pretty ordinary sales staff and response for a good...
  9. T

Need help from anyone with a tape measure and a 29er!

Maxxis Ardent 29 x 2.25 is 57mm across outside knobbies
  10. T

CORC XCO Race 29 May at Stromlo - Happy Snaps and Results Link

Thanks for the photos Russ - must remember to smile next time!:)
  11. T

Sag Help / Advice / Information

Set the sag to whatever you want, but make sure that you do not hit the end of the travel too much on your rides as that can get expensive in replacement shocks!
  12. T

For the fussy people - one word - Frameskin Lovely fellow in Canberra makes the kits. Very happy with my set on the Anthem.
  13. T

Pivot to seatpost connection is actually quite chunky. Top tube is quite shallow, but don't forget it is a formed tube that has width. Also I guess the main forces in this tube are compression and tension, so we are probably looking at the weld area as the main feature - seems to be OK so far...
  14. T

fox shoxs help

…and does anyone sell the seal kits (front and rear) at sensible prices? - or is it again much cheaper to buy O/S?
  15. T

Aussies XC Riders Abroad

How about Bec Henderson in the U23's - 9th - Result!:)