Recent content by Sweatman

1. S

Shocking news breaking re Cape Epic....

My family and I only met James once at the scott 24 hour but I had him pass me many times on the track in various events. He was on all those occasions and through his work on Enduro a friendly and motivating influence on me, my wife and my kids- we will all miss him Ben
  2. S

I sweat too much - what to do???

Speaking of sweaty tales- i did the Angry Doctor 100ker the other week and it was pretty hot- around 30-31 degrees. Felt pretty ordinary for most of it. When I finished I had a 2-3mm deep layer of salt on most of my face- It was then that i realised I had not drunk enough sports drink as i...
  3. S

Scott 24hr 2009

I am sure there will be a "BIG" custard and Brocolli at the race dispensing these vital nutrients to all and sundry- if only GU could put together a combination gel? Food for thought!
  4. S

Surely we can keep this thread going with some of the many tales from the sweat zone. Maybe we can all contribute to a regular newsletter? Possible titles; Crust Weekly, Moist Monthly, Salt Stain Times or my favourite; Sodium Chloride Chronicle! keep up the perspiration Sweatman
  5. S

You are far too kind BM epic - i am just a humble saltsponge getting through life in the only way we corrosive and highly moist folk can. That halo head band sounds great -anyone know where you can buy them in NSW? Maybe my bike will last a little longer... And maybe the unkind people at...
  6. S

AT LAST!! I have searched for so long to find my long lost sweaty kin - and now they are found!! Wow, what a great thread, I am a massive sweater mostly from the head area, i like many of you will leak sweat in fairly convincing amounts even when others remain totally dry! Its not that I am...
  7. S

XC racing - what gear?

I quite like the hydration pack. I dont notice the weight (around 1kg max) on my back, nor do I notice extra sweating or heat build up on my back, I am too busy sweating almost everywhere else. What I do notice is that I can drink way more quickly/easily and more often. I have tried water...
  8. S

Giant Trance/Trance X

I have no experience of the Kona but Have now given the the Trance X0 a pretty good ride around the place on single track, fire trail and road. it weighs in just under 12kgs and I raced it in a 20k cross country race and it felt better and i rode faster than I did on my 2006 trance (14kgish)...
  9. S

Giant Trance/Trance X

Trance XO I just picked up my new 2008 X Zero. I have only ridden it for about one and half hours only on steep up and down single track. Its as agile as a cat on descents and rips uphill like a mountain goat. I really did not want to get off the thing. I had forgotten how good it can be...