Recent content by SunCoastAndrew

1. S

Syntace W35 rims

Good option, but red won't work for me. They are available in a few colours ... and faithful black. Red just happens to match my bike.
  2. S

Syntace W35 rims

Perhaps another option is the Velocity Blunt 35's? I'm building new wheels at the moment and these just arrived at LBS this week, sourced locally for $250 a pair in lovely anodised red! 30mm internal slightly wider than Syntace but they are a little heavier. Mine are 29ers at 580 g on scales...
  3. S

AM 2014 Trek Remedy 8...now 2018 Trek Remedy 8 (Page 3)

Yeah .... team issue are better yet amazingly durable still!
  4. S

AM 2014 Trek Remedy 8...now 2018 Trek Remedy 8 (Page 3)

Glad to see you are playing with bar height. Dropping the bars right down will put more weight in the front and give you more grip. +1 for loving Bontrager XR4 / 3 F/R combo on Remedy 9.8 Have just ordered a top guide for my N/W front ring too after dropping on first ride - tends to happen...
  5. S

Trek Differences

Yes there are real reasons, but last time I made genuine statements based on my own experiences with a brand on this website, my posts were deleted. Seems freedom of speech isn't allowed when directed at companies ... only each other.
  6. S

Trek Differences

So many variables but as a long time trek rider and fan, with many mates on treks also, here's my 2 cents... Fuel EX is only an AM bike if set up correctly and ridden by someone with a great bike handling skills - assuming AM to you means descent jumps and drops. You don't want to mess up and...
  7. S

what do you wear?

I've recently taken a slightly different route. A while back I started wearing 2XU tri shorts (the better ones with the race day chammy) because their quite minimal and have enough padding for riding a few hours mtb under a pair of alpine stars riding shorts. I can get the often discounted down...
  8. S

marzocchi

I had some 55's a few years back and they were the most plush fork Ive ever ridden...[B]when they were working! ...and there in lies the problem.
  9. S

Replacing Elixer 7,s with Shimano Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake

Be mindfull of issues with your lever reach/feel etc. As a long time avid brake/sram shifter user I recently bought a new bike with XT brakes and gearing. I cannot get levers and shifters in a good position due to much shorter brake lever length, and longer lever on shifters(release lever in...
  10. S

Do Specialized actually want to sell bikes in Aust, if so why don't they import some!

+1 Vote for Trek Slash Own a Trek Remedy 8 as a one bike to do it all bike including 8+ hr enduro's. It's a little steeply angled for pure DH but is an amazing all mountain style rig that can have a good crack on most Aussie DH tracks. Therefore if AM and DH is your thing the Slash is a better...
  11. S

AM Frames

the remedy is the first bike I've owned that after 3 months I wasn't looking to upgrade (and I've had a few bikes) have ridden Kenilworth DH track (fun but no DH bike - 32 mm forks and head angle really held back the awesome rear end!)), weekly tech trail rides and can drop it down to under 12kg...
  12. S

How should i go about making a jump!?!?!

Just be smart as to where yuou build it! Do what you want on your own property but be smart in the bush. At my local tracks a few kids kept build and lifting jumps in really obvious and also dangerous sections of the best bit of trail in the area, which resulted in the trail being shut down /...
  13. S

What defines AM to you?

AM is a mindset and a riding style. Had the very good fortune of riding a purpose built AM track at a soon to be opened SE Qld facility. 50 odd riders turned up for a club day in lycra to baggies and 6 inch travel rigs to 29er carbon hardtails and everything in between. Some crawled up...
  14. S

Upgrade!

You could convert to 1 x 9 gear ratio. Good for the legs too and drops some weight, cleans up your bars and with the right system you can get your "all mountain" on downhill without dropping the chain - I've tried the MRP X.1 and found it's limits (massive chain suck when it drops off Renthal...
  15. S

2010 Beerburrum 6

What about our lovely weather? Do you think the track will be OK after all this rain and more to come? Do you plan to shorten the track and miss the marsh at the bottom if necessary? Also - any option to do it enduro style and ride yourself to the top for idiots like me that get off on that...