Recent content by Stew41

1. S

Post Your XC Machine

Same here.............multiple emails but gave me donuts.............how hard is it?
  2. S

VIC Wombat 100 : Woodend VIC (12 April 2015) - Entries Now Open

+1............these are my local tracks but condition perhaps the best I have seen in 4yrs.
  3. S

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Rebuild of my first serious MTB - Giant ATX 780 This bike saw 4 seasons of racing with the FTF club in Melbourne in the mid nineties as well as various national and state rounds. The frame, mechs, front wheel and crankset are original, the Judy XC was an upgrade at the time of purchase, whilst...
  4. S

Hettley Bikes

Good looking bikes and seem like decent value for ti. Would be very keen to hear of any ride reports, opinions etc (most interested in the 650b)......... Cheers
  5. S

29er Tyre Thread

Agree with the positive sentiments. I'm running the wire bead and whilst heavy at 750g seems absolutely bullet proof with no noticeably wear at 750km in mostly race conditions around Vic. I paid $15 direct from Conti in Australia.
  6. S

2013 Golden Triangle Epic 28th April

Totally agree. Was very impressed with the track (ridden yesterday) but super powdery in sections and the dust will be something else race day without some rain.
  7. S

Yes should have been more clear - looking to do the 100km. Have done a few VES 6hr solos plus ok base miles so figure fitness will be ok (not awesome). Good point re comfort - over the journey this will be important.
  8. S

Couple of questions on this event....... How does it compare to the Wombat 100 in terms of difficult (obviously faster, about the same vert, less techy)? 29er carbon HT or Trek Fuel 9.......i'm thinking the former? Cheers
  9. S

Anyone gone from 29 back to 26" ??

Ha.............exactly what I bought back in Feb. Not particularly light at 12.8kg (no dropper) but for riding north of Melbourne / Castlemaine / Bendigo this is my 'one bike' bike. For me there are no too many places I feel more comfortable on my Giant XTC 29er (maybe Kurrajongat at Youies?)
  10. S

Looking foropinions on these Cyclocross bikes........

Not yet. Have been checking out On-One and Planet X options as well. Did you get visibility on what the customs charges might be prior to purchasing?
  11. S

VIC Wombat 24 hour 6/7 December 2014

Thanks Marty......I do struggle to get home at a decent hour due to work....7pm is a about the best I can do. cheers
  12. S

Looking foropinions on these Cyclocross bikes........

Don't really need one of course but at ~$2,000 doesn't seem like a complete waste of coin. Any views on the following? Jamis Supernova Elite Spec Crux Comp Disc Apex Focus Mares Apex 2.0 Cannondale CAADX Ultegra Colnago World Cup I'm figuring frame quiality should be the priority but...
  13. S

Excellent.........thanks. Will check out first thing tomorrow.
  14. S

Has anyone posted a lap on Garmin Connect? (don't think I can download from Strava if I don't have premium membership?). ta
  15. S

Anyone recommend a good sram mechanic

sorry...............would have helped if I had included this link