Recent content by slowK

1. S

MTB to Road - New Bike Advice

Oh. Haven't come across that problem in all the reviews/forums I read. Do you know which years? Still a problem?
  2. S

Suppleness and flexibility are more to do with how big a seat to bar drop you can achieve. As you say, there's a lot of fiddling with headset spacers/stems etc you can do to achieve the same position and comfort on endurance and non-endurance bikes. What will differ between the endurance and...
  3. S

Hi harmonix, I remember reading your posts about your Roubaix with great interest about the same time I bought mine...
  4. S

When I got my first roadie I got hung up on reviews and decided I wanted carbon, Ultegra blah blah etc. I bought a Giant TCR2 with Ultegra (this was back in 2005). It was a great race bike, but for what I did (ride socially and for fitness, commutes - never racing), it wasn't right for me...
  5. S

Kowen/Sparrow Hill status

Well, we had a great weekend. Kowen/Stromlo on the Saturday, Stromlo on the Sunday. Singletrack heaven - you Canberrans are soooo lucky! Duvels at the Belgian Beer Cafe on Saturday night went down very well too. Thanks for the tips and advice - greatly appreciated.
  6. S

Thanks for the tip! Will definitely give it a go.
  7. S

Excellent! Thanks for the replies and link to the Berm. Getting excited for some flowing singletrack goodness...
  8. S

A bunch of us are heading to Canberra for a weekend of MTBing - Stromlo one day, and Kowen/Sparrow the other (some recon for the Mont/Capital punishment and just for fun). I know there's another thread on a similar weekend in Canberra, but we specifically wondered if anyone could advise on...
  9. S

Question

I had the exact same question a few years ago: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?143915-Zip-ties-in-helmets-why&highlight=zip+ties+helmets
  10. S

Best birthday cake ever

http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/11/25/bikerumor-pic-of-the-day-best-birthday-cake-ever/#more-37580 One sweet bike. But I hear the stiffness might be a bit... sponge-like.
  11. S

Online sales for Specialized

Can't helpy ou with Australia, sites, but the only online store I've found that sells Specialized is http://www.primera-sports.com in the UK. Evans cycles in the UK used to up until a few months ago - picked up some BG MTB shoes for about 40% cheaper than available here.
  12. S

I suck at turning right

Wow. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Right handed, I too suck at turning right.
  13. S

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Ahhh. Noice! I had a '95 Eldridge Grade bought from Stanmore Cycles in Sydney. Ti coloured with ano red bits (stem, barends, seat collar etc). Rigid forks. A lovely bike. The Marin range of hardtails in the early-mid 90s were really beautiful bikes.
  14. S

Roadie Pedals Suggestions

You lucky bastard harmonix! I still love love love my 2011 Elite (which I upgraded to Rival over Apex). It really is just perfect for my type of riding. I missed out on that helmet/shoe/pump deal though - I think you won big time with the delay! (FWIW - I got some SPD-SLs but ended up...
  15. S

Compact Gearing - Pros and Cons

Sanp! Just bought the same bike as you Harmonix! Except I swapped in a Rival compact groupset and ported over my own wheels, bars and saddle from my old roadie. 7.2kg without pedals (on my bathroom scales). I deliberately wanted the 11-32. I'm very happy to admit that I'm not a powerful...