Recent content by Shadow Puppet

1. S

Dropper posts - where to start?

True, but you hydro discs are not repairable trail side either....... this 'issue' with the reverb being hydro all the way to the lever is really a non issue. I know plenty of reverb owners....none of us have ever experienced this 'issue' people seem to rant on about. The advantage is that the...
  2. S

VIC 2015 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 17 / June 14 / July 12 / Aug 2

Don't worry about what I look like........ worry about how hard my knuckles are.....nigs!
  3. S

VIC 2015 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 17 / June 14 / July 12 / Aug 2

In bike years mine is well over age..... (has 26" wheels!) About 8 years off being classed a granny though...
  4. S

Did you? Didn't think to try and step up to A grade this year then? Well, I have heard some people prefer riding grannies..... give the creaky old girl a break eh?
  5. S

Nah? Sorry, I must have you confused with one of the many others that ride the interwinter on an Orange (Patriot?)...... Looks like the front row to me?
  6. S

Yet, you you like to start on the front row.....
  7. S

Dropper posts - where to start?

I suppose hydro disc brakes are an unnecessary gimmick too. Just use cable actuated hydro discs cos they're more reliable? The fact is, it's not all that much more complicated. All the droppers (of the big brands) are hydro activated internally. RS just continues the hydro to the lever...
  8. S

Post your all mountain bike

HA! You're relying on Microsoft? I thought people would have learned after Vista..... Nice bars, any chance of seeing the rest of the bike?
  9. S

Aha! So the wheels aren't stock. Where do Giant list weights for their bikes?
  10. S

Liteskin? You're brave!
  11. S

You're both saying the same thing, cables shouldn't cross in front of the head tube to opposite side of frame. Agreed. Also, stick a Nobby Nic Snakeskin (newest version) on the rear. It's an easy way to save 150g with no performance penalty. Loving the new Nobby Nics on my bike.
  12. S

Damn, thats pretty light for a Reign with SLX and stock wheelset.... Take it back to the shop and ask them to cut down that ridiculously long brake/shifter cable (if you can't do it yourself)....lazy on their part.
  13. S

Giant Trance Modifications

Yeah, my bad.......seems like sooo long ago!
  14. S

Giant Trance Modifications

Giant didn't do a 29er Trance in 2014.